Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Captcha: R u kidding me!?

Captcha: R u kidding me!?

When logging into my (Premium) account using the webplayer I now have to complete the Google captcha (e.g. click on all images that contain a street number or a lake/sea or whatever). This is so annoying. I'm paying for your freaking service but still you are using my as a image labeller for Google. Thanks for that!!!!

16 Replies

I am having the same problem and I am getting sick of it to the point of banning websites who use this in my Hosts list and making the list available to the public. This "I am not a robot" was supposed to replace the Captcha but it was done by Google which we all know has some of the stupidest people in the world working for them. So now instead of entering two simple words I have to study and click on pictures with something specific in them, which is not always easy to tell. Then I have to so it a second time. All websites who uses this need to be blacklisted so they are disconnected from the internet. There is no excuse for this abuse by websites.

This is just very annoying. After this month subscription. I am cancelling my account with them. I am moving to another service. This is absolutely rubbish.

Hey there everyone and thanks for reaching out!

Captcha verification protects websites against bots. It may be a bit trifling to go through, but in the end it protects both user and website. In my opinion, images are easier to identify than squiggly letters too 🙂

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

By the way, if you're not aware, there are native clients you can download to play music on your laptops and desktops. No captcha required. And they'll do better for your battery life

https://www.spotify.com/en/download/mac/

@KatesHere wrote:

Hey there everyone and thanks for reaching out!

Captcha verification protects websites against bots. It may be a bit trifling to go through, but in the end it protects both user and website. In my opinion, images are easier to identify than squiggly letters too 🙂

K

I'm not buying that for a second. You do realize the "I'm not a robot" was supposed to replace captcha and only require you to click on the "I'm not a robot" box? Of course I am not a robot but still have to click on pictures due to laziness by Google who came up with this.

Take Gmail for example. Before you entered your user name and password on one page and clicked once to submit it, but now you have to enter your user name on one page and submit it. Then you are taken to a second page to enter your password and then submit a second time? Why? This is called "pumping" and has become epidemic in the world of stupid and lazy programmers where things that should require zero to one click are takling multiple clicks. Now Yahoo email has the two page submission to get to your email because.

@alexrad wrote:

By the way, if you're not aware, there are native clients you can download to play music on your laptops and desktops. No captcha required. And they'll do better for your battery life

https://www.spotify.com/en/download/mac/

Are they loaded with ads? I run a hosts lists and ad block software because advertisers crossed the line with excessive and obnoxious ads. Now they are crying and want to have more reasonable ads and want people to unblock because they are losing money. Sorry, if it weren't for ad block software they would still be doing excessive and obnoxious ads. Too bad. They made their bed now they can lie in it. I'd rather the internet disapper than watch another ad.

Adding the native program isn't an option for me. I use the play.spotify.com as my most flexible option. I don't want to use "I'm not a robot" captchas. They don't work in Firefox half the time, and I have serious issues with the box appearing properly in Chrome, too.

Prior to my last login I just spent at least five minutes identifying pictures with houses, then pictures with house numbers. Each time I correctly click on a picture, a new one pops up. This seems to go on for ages...

Guys, a native client is no option for me when I am at work and do not have admin rights on my PC.

Please fix this. I am a paying user. Otherwise I will cancel my account and move to Amazon or Apple. Thanks! 

Again we have to consider who came up with this. The dummies at Google. Look at the lazy and stupid things Google does. They make you go through two pages to log into Gmail when it used to be one. They change their logo from a professional looking one to a 1st grader story book font because they were too lazy to come up with something better. I can't even get You Tube to remember my option settings to NOT autoplay and they don't have a FF and Reverse button on their player like every video player has had since the 1600s.  Instead they have the moron slider to where if a video is more than 5 minutes long, adjusting the slider 1/1000 of an ich advances the video 10 minutes.

this **bleep** is **bleep**ing RETARDED!!! **bleep** you spotify nothing more irritating than bull**bleep** like this wont even let me log in with Facebook!! **bleep** YOU!!!

What can anyone help.  I spent hours making up playlist.  now i won't be able to lisen when i'm walking or driving to fla.

I agree 100% -- HASSLE!

I made a spotify account and used it once -- tried a few times lately in browser -- had a bunch of fails related to the Captcha.  Haven't been able to get through it.  I will stick with Apple Music.

And, to add insult to injury, I had to go through a captcha to post a community message to complain about captchas.

Where's the native app for xbox one?

well for some reason captcha thinks I'm a darn bot, I am not sending out quierrs or what ever that may be, I am a real human and I have emailed you many times to fix this matter, a friend looked up my IP and you blocked me??? WTH? I am writing all the sites using captcha they have lost my business.

Suggested posts