Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Card charged multiple times (5x)

Card charged multiple times (5x)

I upgraded to spotify premium on 05/01/15 and I got an alert from my bank that my account was being charged multiple times. I checked my bank account online to find that spotify charged my card five times. I went on to check my Spotify account to see if it reflects the multiple charges, but it does not. It still says that my card will be charged again on 06/01/15 for another month of premium. What went wrong? I can't get a reply from Spotify support on twitter and they won't email me back. What should I do next?

5 Replies

Hey @Raja3549

Welcome to the Spotify Community and many thanks for your first post!

Sorry to read that you appear to have been charged multiple times whilst upgrading! This isnt' cool but I'd love to get things investigated for you.

You mention that you've been in touch with our contact form. Could you provide me the 8 digit case # for this email contact? I'll get things chased up and looked into for you. Alternatively, could you send us a link to the Tweet that you sent to us? We should be able to get one of the guys to take a look at things for you!

Either way, I'm here to help out.

I have also been charged 4x ... How can I get a refund?

I cannot afford to pay this much and if it happens again then I will cancel.

Please help.

Thanks

My bank account showed spotify charging me multiple times, however once the month ended, I was only charged for one month. I think it is an issue when first subscribing for spotify premium. Keep an eye on your bank account and see if you get charged for only one subscription and get refunded for the rest.

I was charged multiple times on my card when I resigned to spotify

Don't panic. Everything is going to be fine. Some users, like you and I, get this issue when we first apply for premium or reapply. The system charges our card multiple times, but only one fee/charge will get processed in the end. Keep an eye on your bank account. When you get your monthly statement, you will see that Spotify only charged you once. That's what happened with me and I assume it will be the same with you.

Suggested posts