Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Card info can't be updated and hundreds of random lists seem to have been deleted

Solved!

Card info can't be updated and hundreds of random lists seem to have been deleted

Hello, I have a premium account with a family plan. I live in a different country than where my account and credit card are based. I had renewed my credit card, but I was a bit late in updating the information here. Now, I can't seem to update it, I tried the normal card and the virtual card to no avail (which work fine elsewhere). I used the Spotify website of where my account was created. In addition, I just realized that a few days ago hundreds of my lists seem to have been deleted, certainly not by me. I tried incognito, different browsers, different internet connections, still the same. I'd be very happy if you could help me out! 

Best. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update: I couldn't cancel my family plan because Spotify still didn't accept my new card information; so, I had to revoke my premium account and subscribe back again. Weirdly, this time my card information was accepted (I didn't change anything regarding my country). I don't have another linked account and unfortunately, I had to restore all the deleted lists one-by-one, which was quite upsetting. It seems to be okay now, but it was rather suspicious, to be honest!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Update: I couldn't cancel my family plan because Spotify still didn't accept my new card information; so, I had to revoke my premium account and subscribe back again. Weirdly, this time my card information was accepted (I didn't change anything regarding my country). I don't have another linked account and unfortunately, I had to restore all the deleted lists one-by-one, which was quite upsetting. It seems to be okay now, but it was rather suspicious, to be honest!

Hey @revontulie.

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue with your Premium for Family plan!

With regard to the suspicious activity on your account, we suggest you check out this article and follow the steps there to make sure your account is secured.

Let us know if you have any other concerns!

Suggested posts