Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Country Settings

Solved!

Change Country Settings

I wrote already to the support but of course I will probably receive an answer on 10-12 weeks, since we all know the **bleep** service of the spotify support. Anyway I open an account and the country was setted as USA even if I wasn't there. Now I'm in Germany, my country and I cant do anything because I cant change the country at all. 

I wrote already to the support .. my case is: Spotify Case # 01655927

Is there someone who could help please?

Thanks

62 Replies

Im ready, thanks anyways!

Best! 😄

Hi, 

I need to change my country from Holland to Spain if I want to continue listening music.

Can anyone help me?? Shouldn't be so difficult but it is...

Hello @rensvdweiden, welcome to the community!

If your current location matches the country you want to set, you should be able to change it here. Have you tried that? 🙂  

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hello, guys!

I'm with the same problem. Actually, it started 2 or 3 days ago, and I can't use Spotify since then. I have no idea of what I did to mess things up, considering that I live in Brazil and (unfortunately) haven't traveled to anywhere.  I've already changed the country settings and it still unable to execute - app says that I'm offline. Can anybody help me, please?

Hi Josh,

My current country, Spain, doesn't match with the country I'm from and where I'm registrered. I already tried to fix it in my account, but I can't click on the country, same as many other people I guess...

It's weird that I didn't have this problem last year when I lived in Peru for half a year. So something must be changed in the settings of Spotify. I'm really confused and would like to change this. Doesn't seem like a difficult thing right? 😉

THanks!

@nalubs - Once you have changed the settings to be correct, try logging out and back into the app again.

@rensvdweiden - What country are you currently in?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Already did it, still not working 😞

I'm having the same problem.  I live in Canada.  When I set up my account I selected Canada as my country, but now my account profile shows USA as my country.  This field is greyed out and I cannot change it.  I emailed customer service, but I just got a default reply telling me to check the community forum.  So what now?

@Monster_Dad - Reply directly to that automated email and it will bump your case over to an adviser.

Peter

Thanks, Peter.  I'll try that.

Hey all,

I'm having the same problem. I recently moved to Iceland and now I can't change my country in the profile page. The option is greyed out. I have a free account. I know I can just close it and move on, but I've been on Spotify for over a year and like my playlists.

I sent a message to tech help and got the ticket number #01899267. They told me that I should check out the FAQ and post in the forum.

Anyone found a solution that works?

Thanks a bunch!

Marked as solution

@lost_in_light - Are you definitely accessing the web page from an Icelandic IP address? Check here:

http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

If yes, try a different browser if possible as sometimes that can make a difference for some reason! 

Otherwise, reply directly to that automated email pointing you to the FAQs and community and that will bump your case over to an adviser who can lend a hand. 

Peter

Thank you so much - yes, using a different browser did work! I didn't expect it to because I tried Chrome on my phone and Firefox on my laptop, but switching to Chrome on my laptop did it. Weird. In any case, it worked!

I tried switching browsers, didn't work... So to be be clear, I'm from Holland, my country is Holland, I'm now in Spain, need to change it to Spain to make it work, can't change it to Spain because of the grey part I can't click on.

I also tried uninstall it and install, didn't work either.

If anyone can help, please!

Hi there!

I activate some weeks ago a premium redeem coupon I won and now my country is settled in USA and I can´t listen some songs.

Could you help me with that?

(I tried to change in my profile but it said me I have an account with the same email :S

regards!

@malako - You won't be able to change your location whilst that Premium code is active on your account I'm afraid. The Spotify catalogue available to your account goes by where your account is registered currently and in redeeming a USA gift card you will only be able to access the USA catalogue until it expires. 

The email address already in use error is a little more complicated, it essentially means you have a duplicate/ghost account which commonly happens if you use the same email address on a Spotify account as you do on Facebook. Unfortunately it isn't something we can fix here on the community so you will need to get in touch with Spotify support directly. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Hi, can't seem to be able to change my country from ITA to USA even if payment method changes appear successful. Logged out and in but didn't help. Help?

Spotify has for some reason changed my country to USA when i put in Australia and now my whole account has shut down and remains on the offline mode and tells me to change the country. But it wont allow me to change country and i dont want to pay for an account, i just want a free one. Do you know how to change it? 

@tillyjk - Just to confirm are you currently in Australia? Check this page to see your IP address location:

Peter

@Peter wrote:
@tillyjk - Just to confirm are you currently in Australia? Check this page to see your IP address location:

@Peter yes i says that i am in Australia. Now when i go to change it, it says that spotify is not avaliable in my country...

Suggested posts