Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Country - e-mail adress taken

Change Country - e-mail adress taken

Hey guys,

Hope you can help me out, quite a familiar problem i reckon;

Made my account in the Netherlands, some time ago. After trying to log-in again, it gives the msg that i can't use spotify more than 14 days abroad.

Apparently in my account the current country is US, while trying to change it to the Netherlands it says that the e-mail adress is already taken?

The account is registerd on my own and current e-mails adress. What does this mean and what need i to do?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Hey @Cherrrypiee

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Finally, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts