Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Country to Hong Kong

Solved!

Change Country to Hong Kong

I recently moved to Hong Kong. I'm trying to update my payment settings to my HK credit card because I can't change my country in my profile to Hong Kong. Spotify's instructions are to enter the new card's info and the new zip code, and then I'll be directed to update the country. The problem is that Hong Kong has no zip codes, postal codes, etc. Spotify gives me an error message if I leave the zip code blank, but if I put anything in the blank, it gives me an error that the zip code isn't properly formatted for the country the card is associated with.

I saw a post from many years ago that solved this by simply deleting the card from their account and starting over. I can't seem to find a way to delete my card from my account. The only way to remove it seems to be to replace it, and this is what I can't do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FrustratedHK, welcome to the community!

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to update your payment details following these steps.

If you run into the same error message, I suggest cancelling the subscription you have with the old payment method. Once the subscription goes back to Free, you'll be able to update the country first, and then purchase Premium with the new card.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @FrustratedHK, welcome to the community!

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to update your payment details following these steps.

If you run into the same error message, I suggest cancelling the subscription you have with the old payment method. Once the subscription goes back to Free, you'll be able to update the country first, and then purchase Premium with the new card.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts