Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Country

Change Country

Hello,

I am in Australia but I am unable to change my country which was previously Spain.

I am using the free account but want to move to premium but I have to update my billing details.

please help.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @aprabhu, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You should be able to change your country following these steps:

1. Access your account page. If you're not logged in on that browser, you might be prompted to do so.
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Note: If Spotify isn't available in your current location right now, you might not be able to update your country.

If you're still not able to change your country settings, try changing your country settings using a different browser or private window. And let me know if your account is connected to Facebook.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Thanks for providing the steps. I had tried those earlier before asking for help. I have also tried going into incognito mode in my browser but both don’t work.

I am using Facebook for login, do you think that is the issue?

Hey @aprabhu

If you're unable to change your personal details, it may be because you signed up to Spotify with Facebook. This means your Spotify account registered the personal details associated with your Facebook account, and it's not possible to change those with Spotify. 

To change your personal details, you need to switch to a new account. See 'I want to use Spotify without Facebook' for more information.

Hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, I'll be right here!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts