Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change DOB

Change DOB

Hi, I want to change my date of birth on Spotify as it's inaccurate, but the option is greyed out on the website where I edit my details.

3 Replies

Hi @Ryanbland065,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you canโ€™t change your date of birth from your account page, itโ€™s likely that you created your Spotify account with Facebook; and as this information is registered with Facebook, you wonโ€™t be able to edit it on your own.

If this is the case, I would recommend reaching out to Customer Support via their contact link provided at the end of this FAQ article; theyโ€™ll be glad to update your date of birth for you. 

If you didnโ€™t create your Spotify account with Facebook, can you try editing your date of birth from your account page using a private/incognito window or a different browser?

Let me know how this goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Haven't logged in for ages so I only just saw this, but I don't have a facebook account anymore, I deleted it.

Hi @Ryanbland065,

Thank you for your reply!

If your Spotify account was created via Facebook, your info will need to be updated with the help and guidance of Customer Supportโ€”especially if your Facebook account is now closed.

In case the issue lies elsewhere, Customer Support will be able to pinpoint the cause and help accordingly as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts