Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Family Plan Me + 3 back to Me + 2

Change Family Plan Me + 3 back to Me + 2

Hi, I have read various posts.... but just want tbe certain because I want to avoid a headache

Most of the psts were about "Me + xx going back to single premium user", that's not what I want, I still need family members..
Delete, Family, MemberFamily
I recently (with the last two weeks) added another family member to Family Plan subscription... I was on "Me + 2" and added another so I was on "Me +3"

The new family member only used it for 2 days and not longer wants it... and I'm not going to pay if it's unused

Surely there is a way to go back to "Me +2" without the headache of cancelling ALL of our subscriptions, and then requesing a new Family plan.... my concerns being having to resync offline, and losing playlists and just the general hassle...

Thanks

3 Replies

@jedpause

Unfortunately, that is the case. 😕

You will first have to cancel your family plan through the website. Doing so will cancel your subscription, but you will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

After you cancel, you will become Free eventually and then you can resubscribe as you want (you + 2).

Playlists are independent of subscription status, so you won't lose anything. You offline files could be preserved if you put your devices in offline mode before turning Free, and wait until you're Premium again to go online again, just to keep the cache. Haven't tried it myself, but it could work.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks; So I cancelled today.

My Renewal date is 25 May, so I guess I now just wait until that happens and I turn into aFree subscription status...

- and then renew my single premium subs, and

- then apply for Me + 2, correct?

It seems really stupid that you can't remove family members... even when the 'Manage' pages actually say add or 'remove' family members.... 

@jedpause

All your current Family plan accounts should become Free on May 25.

Once that happens, just go to spotify.com/family

Login with the account that's gonna pay and select 'Me + 2 family members'.

Spotify is aware of the inconvenience of this process. Hopefully an update will come to make removing family members easy.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts