Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Name

Solved!

Change Name

So, I created my account set everything up, subscribed for premium, created playlists with my favourite music on and then the sudden realisation came to me… I spelt my name wrong! I know I sound like an **bleep** to you but mistakes happen. My name is Elliott but I spelt it as Eliott, still a correct spelling I know but it is not my spelling, so I was wondering how to change this
Kind Regards, Elliott

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Elliott!

Sadly, you cannot change your username due to the way Spotify tracks playlists and connects them to your accounts. It's kind of annoying mostly for people who tend to keep their Spotify accounts for a long time and want to change their name either to something more mature or just something completely different or people who make common mistakes and accidentally misspell something.

Don't feel bad, honestly, I do that all the time and it's totally okay!

However, if you connect your account to Facebook, your friends will see your real name instead of your username. (You can do this through preferences.)

If it's really annoying you, you can cancel your account and create a new one! This is kind of a hassle, but it is a solution!

I hope this was helpful, and let me know how it goes! If this solved your problem, it would be amazing if you could hit the "Accept the Solution" button! Bye!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Elliott!

Sadly, you cannot change your username due to the way Spotify tracks playlists and connects them to your accounts. It's kind of annoying mostly for people who tend to keep their Spotify accounts for a long time and want to change their name either to something more mature or just something completely different or people who make common mistakes and accidentally misspell something.

Don't feel bad, honestly, I do that all the time and it's totally okay!

However, if you connect your account to Facebook, your friends will see your real name instead of your username. (You can do this through preferences.)

If it's really annoying you, you can cancel your account and create a new one! This is kind of a hassle, but it is a solution!

I hope this was helpful, and let me know how it goes! If this solved your problem, it would be amazing if you could hit the "Accept the Solution" button! Bye!!

Cheers for the reply, although not the reply I was hoping for, I guess I will have to put up with it then. 

Thanks for the reply.

Suggested posts