Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Primary User from my son to me without losing his playlists

Change Primary User from my son to me without losing his playlists

When my son wanted Spotify, I signed him up using my email address.  Now, years later, we've upgraded to a family plan and I want to be the Primary with my email.  So I want him to change his email address to his own email so I can use mine to be Primary, but I don't want my son to lose any of his playlists.

How best can I do this?

1 Reply

Hey @TheRobCatRF,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

If the email address registered in your son's account is yours, he can change it to one he owns by following the steps in this article. This way, he won't lose the playlists, saved music or followers.

Keep also in mind that if the email he wants to use is registered on another account or was registered in an account that was deleted less than 30 days ago, the system could give an error message. In this case, we'd recommend using a different email that's not registered on our platform yet.

However, we need to clarify that it's not possible to change the owner of a group plan (Duo, Family). If you want to be the owner of a new plan, you can create a new account when your email gets free up, cancel the previous one and subscribe to a new plan in your new account to invite the other users.

Note: remember that an account can only change plans once every 12 months.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts