Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Twitter Account connection on Spotify?

Solved!

Change Twitter Account connection on Spotify?

Hi there, I have a new Twitter Account where I wanna share the Spotify Tracks, but I can't find the option to change it. I can share the songs, but they end up in nowhere, cause the old account is deleted.

Any idea how (and where) I can change it?

Best regards

Jasmin

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi lydeke_se.

That's a good question; I didn't find it either 🙂

Richard came to the rescue:

When you select a song and click on share, where you see the "Share to" and social icons, you should also see a tiny cog icon. Click that and then you can disconnect your account(s) and optionally add new ones.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Community Ergo Sum

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi lydeke_se.

That's a good question; I didn't find it either 🙂

Richard came to the rescue:

When you select a song and click on share, where you see the "Share to" and social icons, you should also see a tiny cog icon. Click that and then you can disconnect your account(s) and optionally add new ones.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Community Ergo Sum

Hej, thanks I found it! Now everything's fine.

Thanks a lot

Best regards

hey that's great but how did you do it 🙂

Should still work as described above:

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Not working for me...using spotify on iPhone 6..

It doesn't work for me either and i'm also using spotify on iphone 6+.

No way to do it, I tried from all platforms. Have the same need

Is this solution limited to desktop app only? Not seeing any way of updating my Twitter credentials on iPad Pro Spotify app. Continue to get error sharing to Twitter (password has changed since first set it up).

Changed it on desktop. Mobile app doesn't seem to support it.

Hi.  Not sure if anyone will see this!  I too want to change the Twitter acciount my Spotify is linked to, but when I right click I no longer see the screen you refer to.  I simply get a panel of buttons with no cog and no ability to change!  

Help!!! 🙂

Thank you.

Same problem. No cog icon or something else.

Same. And I see no replies yet. (Sigh). I went into my Twitter and disconnected my Spotify authorization, but Spotify still wants that account and won't reauthorize so it can be changed. No settings change in the sharing list, and it looks totally different than before. Stalemate.

The step Per had been tell us before is no longer, yet there is no official statement confirmation about this. I'm now facing the same problem, yet revoking access from my old twitter account is not working.

Suggested posts