Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change a Facebook account to a normal account

Change a Facebook account to a normal account

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Samsung smartphone and Windows computer

Operating System

Android and WIndows

My Question or Issue

Hi...

I first made my account by logging into Spotify with Facebook, to make it easy and discover Spotify. Free account at the time. Later I made it into a premium account, a family acocunt and now I use it very regularly. The problem is that I am now dependant on my Facebook account, If I ever unsunscribe from Facebook or anything happens, I'm done with my Spotify account. I'd love to change my Facebook account to a normal account via an e-mail adress, thus also allowing me to change my username. And not to depend on Facebook. And I'd like to do it without loosing my paid months, my family account, my palylists or anything...

May that be possible?

3 Replies

Hey @FredHub, thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

If you signed up with Facebook, you can't disconnect it. But you could close your account and sign up with a different method, e.g. your email address. 

I tried to find an alternative without having to create a new account but couldn't. You can transfer content from your old account to the new one following these steps.

Hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There is still the problem of the money invested in the first account and the months already paid...

Hey @FredHub,

For this particular case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts