Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change billing date?

Solved!

Change billing date?

How do I change my billing date so that it's not hitting my card at a time when it's empty every month?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Thanks for your input.

To change billing date, simple cancel Spotify and then subscribe to it again on the date you want to have bill happening.

Unfortunately there is no easier way to do this and you will need to spend few moments on Free service.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jyrziu xd

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Thanks for your input.

To change billing date, simple cancel Spotify and then subscribe to it again on the date you want to have bill happening.

Unfortunately there is no easier way to do this and you will need to spend few moments on Free service.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jyrziu xd

Thanks for your reply.

If i cancel it though, and I just payed it on the 22nd, id have to pay another 9.99 on the 5th, which is when I want to change it to. 

I literally just did this and it still says that my billing date is the same as it was before but the date is far beyond the initial bill date. 

You need to remove your chooses billing option (Kredit card, etc) to be able to acces your free trial. After that you have to wait to the date where you want to pay it. If you have already paid it you will have to wait until the paid period is over to get access.

It didnโ€™t work, just comes up with โ€œrenew?โ€ So I pressed that and it renew the contract with out the option of changing the date.

Hi there @Ct161582,

Thanks for posting! 

Can you let us know what does it say when you check your subscription status on your account page? Until when is your Premium valid? 

Note that you should first wait until your account reverts to Free. Don't worry, there won't be any changes in your saved music such as Liked Songs and playlists.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Just to be perfectly clear. 

I can cancel my payment date to free. 

I will not lose my playlists, likes etc whilst on free

I then rejoin on the preferred billing date. 

I have premium family and anxious that we'll lose the kids music choices if we go to free for 10 days. Been a subscriber for years so don't want to lose everything and this seems such a ridiculous way of changing a date. 

Many thanks

Bren 

Hi @Lampylad!

That's correct - everyone gets to keep their music library, so no worries there! The only thing that will be lost are any tracks downloaded for offline-listening, since this feature is available only to Premium users, but then again you can always re-download them once you resubscribe.

As for your plan, I'm assuming you currently have Premium Family, so it's worth noting that members can only change the Family plan they're part of once every 12 months. I recommend you double-check with the rest if they've already done that recently so that they aren't accidentally locked out from your plan. If they've only been members in your current Family plan (and haven't joined another Family plan in the last 12 months), then they'll have no issues joining your new one.

More info on this in the articles below:

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts