Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change country from South Korea to US

Solved!

Change country from South Korea to US

My Question or Issue

I purchased the premium plan in South Korea, but I recently moved to the US. I want to change my country to the US and update my plan to the right billing, but Spotify will not let me change my country to the US. In the account settings, the changing country option is blocked, and in the update card section, the United States option is not even there. I even tried canceling my Premium plan and retried, but the issue is still there. I also tried inserting my US card info, but it just says "card info does not match country" and won't let me change the country. What do I do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @music_12 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community 🙂

In this case, you can cancel your subscription and wait until your account is reverted to the Free plan.

Once you're back on the Free plan, you can update your account's country setting from your Account Overview page. Then you can upgrade to Premium here using your payment method that's been issued in the United States.

Just so you know, your music library won't be affected by these changes, but there's a chance you'll need to re-download the music to your devices once you've subscribed to Premium again.

I hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @music_12 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community 🙂

In this case, you can cancel your subscription and wait until your account is reverted to the Free plan.

Once you're back on the Free plan, you can update your account's country setting from your Account Overview page. Then you can upgrade to Premium here using your payment method that's been issued in the United States.

Just so you know, your music library won't be affected by these changes, but there's a chance you'll need to re-download the music to your devices once you've subscribed to Premium again.

I hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much! I will try that out!

Suggested posts