Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change country not working

Change country not working

2B85BF4F-13A8-4D6B-B68F-4DAC0403810B.jpeg

Hi all. 
I’m trying to update my country of residence from UK to FR  but the country selection option is greyed out.  Yes I have followed “How do I change my country settings?“ - but cannot select a country from the list to begin with. 

Can you guys fix this? 

Premium

Country FR

thank you 

7 Replies

Hey there @Fathand

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

It's a good idea to open your preferred browser in a private session in order to try once again since this helps you avoid issues with your browser's cache. You can also try a different kind of browser if this doesn't do the trick for you. 

Keep in mind that if you want to successfully change your country setting you need to update your payment method to one that's issued in your current country of residence. You can find more info about this here

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Hi! I have this exact problem : can't change my country.

I moved to Canada three years ago. Using my belgian account and method of payment were not an issue but today, I heard about spotify audiobooks.

it is available in Canada, not in Belgium, so I wanted to change my country on my account : it is impossible!

they say to do so, we need to change the payment method, so I tried....

Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 10.23.05 AM.png

 It refused to change because "payment method and country do not match" 

scrolling down, there's a link saying "modify country"

Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 10.23.14 AM.png

 the link leads to a list of countries, great! I select "Canada" and then, it sends me to a page saying that I don't have access to this subscription

Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 10.23.33 AM.png

 I feel like spotify made it impossible! Probably because I would pay less in Canada (price in euro is 10.99, which is worth 17-18 CAD, which is more than the price for a canadian premium subscription).

It feels like my only option would be to end my belgium subscription and get a new canadian one, but I don't want to lose my library

does anyone have a solution (private navigation did not change anything) or a way to directly contact spotify?

the funny thing is Spotify KNOWS I am in Canada because while listening to podcasts, I get canadian adds, and I receive emails for concerts taking place where I live....

Hi there @murreya0,

Thanks for the reply. Sometimes directly changing doesn't work for a variety of reasons. Try cancelling your subscription, waiting for the account to revert to free, then changing the country on the account and resubscribing with a Canadian payment method. This should always work.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Joan

I was going to do that but I have a question before doing so: will I lose my library if I cancel my subscription? Thanks 

Thanks for returning with this question @murreya0!

No, if you cancel your subscription and your account reverts to the free version of Spotify, you won't lose the content that you have in your Library so no worries 🙂

It's worth mentioning however that you'll lose the content that you've downloaded for offline listening as this is a Premium function, but when you re-subscribe you'll be able to re-download it again. 

Hope this helps clear things up and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you're wondering about something else. 

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts