Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change country origin suggestions in "Browse".

Solved!

Change country origin suggestions in "Browse".

Hi everyone,

I have an unusual request/question.

I would like to know if it is possible to change the country for which I'm suggested songs and updates (Overview, New Release, Discover, etc.)

I registered my account back in France and now live in Thailand, I would like to be able to receive suggestions for example if I had registered my account in the US. 

The reason I want this is simply because I am not interested in French variety music, as I tend to prefer English songs.

I did set Spotify settings to "English (English)." I checked my account settings, and I believe that the root of my problem is the fact that my credit card - the one I use to pay for Premium - is French since you are forced to select the country of origin of the payment method you choose.

Is there any way to bypass the suggestions made or change them to the desired country I wish to be suggested music from? In my case U.S.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @sofiancharbaux

I agree with you. Some people prefer music selections (recommendations) from different country. Like in my country, some of my friends love Korean songs.

However, I'm afraid that it's not yet possible to manually select the country of recommended songs. It's automatic as to the country registered on your account.

In the meantime, I think, the best that we can do is to request this feature (manual selection of country for recommendations) in the ideas board.

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm not a Spotify employee

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey!

Suggested songs that you can see under "Browse" are based on the country that your credit card is registered in.

The best way to change it to the US would be for you to update your card on file, just jollow the steps here 😉

Hi MaryS,

Thanks for the quick reply! This is exactly what I said in my initial message, haha. The suggestions are based on the country of origin of my payment method! 😛

The issue is that I do not own a U.S. credit card. Meaning I would not be able to pay for premium, that would be counter-productive for me.

Wouldn't it be (logically) easier to add an option to select the country to be suggested songs and release from...? 

Marked as solution

Hi @sofiancharbaux

I agree with you. Some people prefer music selections (recommendations) from different country. Like in my country, some of my friends love Korean songs.

However, I'm afraid that it's not yet possible to manually select the country of recommended songs. It's automatic as to the country registered on your account.

In the meantime, I think, the best that we can do is to request this feature (manual selection of country for recommendations) in the ideas board.

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm not a Spotify employee

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution.

This is not a viable solution. I too live in France (and therefore my credit card is issued by a French bank) but do not wish to listen to French music.

I love *Discover Weekly* but it keeps selecting French and Latin songs. I never listen to either.

I have the same problem

Same problem here.

I live in Brazil and while I love Spotify I absolutely detest Brazilian music. It`s so sad that Spotify can understand my taste so well when creating playlists for me and at the same time suggests these noises every single time I log in. 

Amen!

@sofiancharbaux wrote:

Hi MaryS,

Thanks for the quick reply! This is exactly what I said in my initial message, haha. The suggestions are based on the country of origin of my payment method! 😛

The issue is that I do not own a U.S. credit card. Meaning I would not be able to pay for premium, that would be counter-productive for me.

Wouldn't it be (logically) easier to add an option to select the country to be suggested songs and release from...? 

Suggested posts