Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change country settings

Change country settings

I'm unable to change my country from Germany to the UK, it's greyed out. I've tried to contact support a month ago and got no response whatsoever.

I looked it up and it seems to be a common issue.

My case number is #00256283

How can I change my country? I can't use Spotify with my profile set to Germany 😞

Thanks

5 Replies

The problem is that your current IP address doesn't geolocate correctly. I looked up at MaxMind.com, and it says "Anonymous proxy". You will need an IP address that geolocates to UK. Perhaps you are accessing the Spotify website from a corporate network ?

@Jude

They shouldn't use IP Geo location. What about AOL users??

They shouldn't use IP Geo location

We have to use geolocation - Territorial music licensing etc..

Unfortunately, geolocation isn't an exact science.

What about AOL users??

You'll have to inform me. Is there are problem with the IP addresses of AOL users ?

Hello,

I used to have a german Account "Sarah Kerstin" and I have moved to the UK a month ago. I'm studying here and for some reason I'm blocked now to use Spotify because my profl doesn't fit with the country profil. Therefore I tried to changed it to the UK, but they only offered United States as a settingand I can't change it now anymore. I would really love to listen to the music again cause Spotify is great. Otherwise I'm afraid I need to sign out.

I can't even use the offer of 30days free premium cause I need to have a United States adress and tax number or smth, but obviously I'm in UK.

Please give me soon a reply. I'm obviously not the onyl german person with that problem.

Kind regards,

sarah

@gtt wrote:

I'm unable to change my country from Germany to the UK, it's greyed out. I've tried to contact support a month ago and got no response whatsoever.

I looked it up and it seems to be a common issue.

My case number is #00256283

How can I change my country? I can't use Spotify with my profile set to Germany 😞

Thanks

If you are being offered USA as an option the system thinks your in the USA, which is based on your current IP address. Is it possible to try making the change on another connection? Also make sure you aren't using any extensions/apps or connecting via a proxy.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts