Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change country with Facebook login

Solved!

Change country with Facebook login

Hello,

I use Facebook as login for Spotify. After living in New Zealand for a while, I am now back home (Germany). In NZ, I switched my Spotify settings so I could use it there (unfortunately, I forgot what I did 😕 ). Now, Spotify tells me to change my country settings to Germany to use. But when I go to https://www.spotify.com/de/account/profile/ there's just the information that I can change some settings at my Facebook profile page.

How can I change my Spotify country settings back to Germany?

Thanks in advance.

90 Replies

@pete22

I suggest you contact support so they can help you change the country

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue

Same issue here. Waiting for reply from Spotify Support

@GerryWebb

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

@user-removed

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Going through the same thing! Replied to the Spotify Support Case email because it's been pass 48 hours.

I moved to Bermuda from the Philippines. Bermuda isn't listed in one of the countried. Read somehwere it's under the UK. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

I've been experiencing the same issue. Moved from US to visite Colombia for a few months and I'm still not able to use Spotify.

I think it's better to just make an account that's not connected to your Facebook because it's easier to change your country then. Just use your US credit card that way you won't be region locked with some songs

But you are going to lose your spotify library if you change your account, aren't you?

I'm still not able to change my current location from the account settings, and therefore, I haven't got access to my music anymore. It has been almost two weeks now since I've contacted them, and I haven't received any response yet. It's absolutely ridiculous and a shame for such a company! 

@pete22

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I guess you'll lpse your music library. Luckily, I only have ten saved. I hope you get yours fixed ASAP. Mine too haha

I also can't change my country settings even though I am just trying to change it to the country I live in... I tried sending a message to spotify support and they just sent me here to the community =_= What can I do?

I moved from Taiwan to Thailand and it won't let me change to Thailand...

could you let me know to which email ID you msged them on so I can get my problem fixed as well. Thank you!

I live in Spain and spotify is still telling me I can only use it up to 14 days. The only country option is Ireland even though my Facebook says I live in Spain. When I try to sign up without Facebook using two different email addresses it says "unknown error please try again in a while" but it's been saying that for two weeks! Please help, this is so annoying.

same here

all these people have same problem and all they come up is that it is still at fix

This is frustrating why don't they just make sure poeple know that spotify is not for constant travellers 

It's extremly frustrating. 

same issue here. based in Singapore, country list only showing USA. I cannot redeem the family plan offer from my husband though we are in the same house!

Same here, for an unknown reason my wife has a Luxembourgish account I have a Belgian one... impossible to change country and so unable to use the family plan

Nightmare

Same problem here. I live in Portugal and i can´t login because UK was selected for me and i can´t change it. when i try to log in i get an error saying that i need to change the country in the settings, which i can´t.

hi how did they eventually fixed it?

Suggested posts