NEXT STEP

Change country without making new payment

Change country without making new payment

Plan: Premium

Currently Country: Australia
New Country: Brazil

Device

(iPhone 11 PRO and macOS 10.15.7)

I read the tutorial showing how to change the country. The problem is, when I create my account I was leaving in Australia so my currently account's country is Australia.
Now I am in Brazil and want to change it to use Spotify with my family plan but I can't find an option to change it without been forced to make a new payment with a Brazilian credit card in order to change the my account's location.

How can I do? Thanks!

3 Replies

Hi @alebs888, thanks for writing and welcome to Brazil!

I live here and I hope you like it 🙂

Your payment options must match the country you're living in, so we can't use a credit card from another country. I imagine you'll get one soon, right?

Meanwhile, you can use the "boleto" - are you familiar with it? It's a pre-paid option.

https://support.spotify.com/article/pay-as-you-go/

Let me know if it helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Bittencourt! The problemas is I can't change the country while my plan is active neither the credit card details, it is really annoying. I will wait until it expires and then change to Brazil.

Hey @alebs888,

Thanks for the info 🙂

In case your account is on Premium and you move permanently to another country, you'll need to add a new payment method that was issued in your new country or region. The changes will take effect from your next billing date.  You can find more information about country or region settings here.

Hope this helps. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts