Change custom url

Solved!

Change custom url

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Italy

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Good evening I would like to know how to change the custom url of the account

Example i've this account url profile

https://open.spotify.com/user/1197501399 

with number and Duran Duran band have this url https://open.spotify.com/user/officialduranduran

how i can change number with name? Thanks so much

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @maracaterina,

Just popping in to thank you for posting your question in the Community and clarify that you won't be able to create an Artist profile with Spotify through the Spotify for Artists page.

If you're looking for ways to create an Artist profile and don't have a label/management team taking care of this for you, you can take a look at our Provider Directory and choose the distribution service you'd like to have your Artist profile and music associated with on Spotify. You'll then be able to arrange a distribution date so that your music and your Artist profile start being available in the Spotify directory by then. As a heads-up, the option to customize your artist profile's URL (or your podcast's or user account's) is currently not available.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted if there's anything else we can help with ๐Ÿ™‚

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Unfortunately you currently cannot as a user. Only when you are an artist and create a Spotify Profile.

Thanks if I was an artist I can create my profile, but this Duran Duran profile only uses them to create Playlists and share them in their Artist profile. Do you know how to create a user profile from the Artist page?

Sure! Just follow the link! 

ok but if i have an Spotify Artist how can request custom url? 

I can write to support of spotify for Artist?

No I'm afraid there is no way to change this. Because you have a personal account. Duran Duran have a verified professional account (only for musicians) that's why they can custom their username

Marked as solution

Hey @maracaterina,

Just popping in to thank you for posting your question in the Community and clarify that you won't be able to create an Artist profile with Spotify through the Spotify for Artists page.

If you're looking for ways to create an Artist profile and don't have a label/management team taking care of this for you, you can take a look at our Provider Directory and choose the distribution service you'd like to have your Artist profile and music associated with on Spotify. You'll then be able to arrange a distribution date so that your music and your Artist profile start being available in the Spotify directory by then. As a heads-up, the option to customize your artist profile's URL (or your podcast's or user account's) is currently not available.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted if there's anything else we can help with ๐Ÿ™‚

Mario Moderator

Hey there @lhbet1stj-_x!

Thanks for the question.

It looks like this user has a very old account that still has a non-automatically generated username - that's why it appears like this.

New Spotify accounts have automatically generated usernames and separate display names to be able to allow customization.

It's not possible to use your display name in the URI and URL link as it's not a unique name and you're also able to edit it.

New accounts have an automatically created username that usually is a string of letters and numbers.

This is why users might see a string of letters when trying to share their account - this is the unique username assigned to their account by the system.

We hope this shines some light on the situation. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator

Hello to everyone who voted on this thread: 

There are at least 12 other threads in this community that ask for this same feature, but Spotify won't compile them.  Added up, we already have 43 votes!!!

For us to get traction on this request, however, we need to compile our votes into one post.  

I have created a New Idea topic at the link below - can you please add your votes to it?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Social-Vanity-Url-custom-link-to-pro...

Thanks in advance!

In Solidarity,

Terrance

Suggested posts