Premium

Country

Finland

Device

iPhone XS/desktop

Operating System

iOS 10.Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Okay so I have a little problem. I updated the email on my Facebook account and deleted the one I had there originally (I made my Spotify account via Facebook  - with that old email). Can I change it also in my Spotify account now that it has been changed in my Facebook? Or will it be updated automatically? Or will it always be the same now (my old FB email)?

5 Replies

Hi @AuroraJ,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I found a solved thread relating to the same question.

Please check it out here and let me know if it did the trick.

Keep me posted 🙂

No it didn't unfortunately (doesn't let me type anything). 😞 It said somewhere that you can't change your email if you have created your account via Facebook - I just thought that if you change your email on FB, it would be possible to also update it here in Spotify but clearly not, thank you anyway!

Hi @AuroraJ,

thanks for checking out the thread i posted !

One of the reasons behind not being able to change your e-mail address is mentioned on this help page :

"This means your Spotify account was created through Facebook. It’s not possible to change the email address on accounts created this way, but you do have the option to create a new account without Facebook."

You can still visit the same page and check out the option it provides.

Hope this sheds some more light on your question 🙂

Based on what happened before with me, you won't be able to change the email address on your Facebook made account. You'll need to contact support for them to update it.

You can reach them here: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

I ended up on creating a new account using email address and password. I just want the freedom to change it at will.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Hey there @AuroraJ,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Unfortunately, if you created your Spotify account through Facebook, due to technical limitations it's not possible to update the email address registered on your account, like you and @OneByBoo mentioned.

As an alternative, you can follow the steps on this Spotify Answer to start over by registering for a new account through Spotify using your preferred email address. Once your new account is created, you can link your Facebook profile to it and transfer over any music or playlist from your original account.You can then follow the steps in this Spotify Answer to close your original account permanently.

You can also follow reach out to a member of our support teams as @user-removed mentions above to take a closer look behind the scenes for you.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts