Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone X, Macbook Pro 2015)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I've been using Spotify for several years and I was looking at my account recently and noticed my email address is still assigned to the previously used email address for my facebook account.

I've read that is not possible to simply unlink the account from facebook and manage it as normally connected to an email address (pretty surprising restriction for a company like Spotify not be able to offer this option to Premium members). 

Sadly accepting this fact I read again that if the email address is changed in the facebook account it will be updated automatically in the Spotify account. It does not (at least for me). The other option is to delete the account and create a new one with the right email address I want to use.

One more time an option that shocked me once I've read about it thinking about "Spotify".

But deleting the account means losing my playlist and in order to have them I should contact the support to transfer them before closing it. I'm sorry to say it but this is very, very frustrating.

I'm not usually the customer who complain but I've felt I've been pushed to this as I'm one of the million other user that loves to enjoy listening to music and find shocking complicated changing the email address of his (premium) account without spending time to get in contact with the support.

I really hope I will be able to get a solution from your community.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @alberto1005

If you have created your Spotify account through Facebook, you won't be able to change the email address in your Spotify account on your own.

You can reach to Customer Support via contact form that you can find here.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @alberto1005

If you have created your Spotify account through Facebook, you won't be able to change the email address in your Spotify account on your own.

You can reach to Customer Support via contact form that you can find here.

Have a nice day!

Everything sorted. The easiest way to get things sorted is to contact the support directly. It takes seconds. 

Hi @alberto1005

I'm glad everything worked out for you!

Suggested posts