Hong Kong

Device

MacBook Air Mid 2013

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

MacOS Sierra 10.12.16

Android 9.0 Pie

My Question or Issue

I was wondering how I can change the language used for the name displayed on my profile page. It originally displayed my profile name (not my username) in English, however not long ago, it suddenly changed to Chinese Traditional. I was wondering how I can get it changed back to English as that's how it was set originally and how I want it.

3 Replies

Hello @M40i!

Can you let me know if your Spotify account is linked to Facebook? If so, which name appears on your Facebook profile?

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Jose,

My Spotify account is indeed linked to my Facebook account. The name that appears on my Facebook page is in English by default but I do also have a language-specific name set in Chinese on Facebook, so users who use Facebook in Chinese will see that instead. When I tried to unlink my Spotify account with Facebook, my profile name remained in Chinese.

Is it possible to specify which language I want my Spotify user profile name to be in?

Hey @M40i!

There are a couple steps you could take to try and solve this issue:

• Disconnect Facebook following these steps and see if your username is still in Chinese.
  • Wait 48 hours, and then reconnect Facebook if wanted. Before reconnecting, make sure you remove Spotify from Facebook settings, under 'apps'.

Let me know how this goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts