Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change my email attempt...

Change my email attempt...

I tried to make another account so I wouldn't lose my old one when my work email was removed due to change of work. Then I realized it would mess up our family premium account. So I realized I could just change my original password on the original account. So I deleted the new account and tried to edit my old profile to reflect the new gmail account. But even though my new account is fully deleted, whenever I try to change the old account gmail it says "Sorry, gmail already taken." Can someone help me?

1 Reply

Hi @xgff4hfhzvtee95ei7fx,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

After you close a Spotify account, the email address can take between 14 to 30 days to clear from the system and become available to use on another Spotify account. 

If it’s been less than 7 days since you closed the newer Spotify account, I would recommend reactivating it via the link sent to your Gmail address upon closing the account. I would then suggest logging in to the now-reactivated, newer Spotify account and changing the email address associated with it to a completely different one; that way, you’ll free up the desired Gmail address to use for your old Spotify account right away.

Let me know how this goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts