Change my home address

Solved!

Change my home address

Maandiieee
Casual Listener

When upgrading to Family Premium I put in the wrong home address for my family to fill out, and now I can not find where I can change it to the correct one. How can i fix this? 🙂 Grateful for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Astame
Community Legend

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch about this on the Community.

Right now, it’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

You need to create a new account (ensuring that you cancel the plan on your old account beforehand, and sign out everywhere) and then subscribe to Premium for Family on that new account.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

61 Replies

jmtzgr
Why is this issue marked as solved??
Not be able to change my address is an not acceptable in 2017! The UX department should be fired! There are no excuses. Spotify is losing customers like me switching to Apple Music: Same price, same offer, no dumb UX decisions by stupid people. Good bye

CarlyHern
So any update????? Because we're at the point of being charged twice and don't know what the F&$@ to do and we are furious. Get your **bleep** together Spotify.

mehmetcopur
Casual Listener

Yeah. that makes sense. Close friends who are not living in the same place and use the family accounts for more friendly billing will all create singular spotify accounts and you will make more money.

The management stuff who decided this and also who approved this decion are plain stupid.

Just retarded actually 🙂

Downfall of spotify because of the stupid management people... Pity...

Hubo
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey all, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

As @Astame mentioned, it's not possible to change your address without creating a new account right now.

You can also show your support for this idea on the Ideas board. If there's anything else, always feel free to reach out. 🙂

Thanks and have a nice day,

Huib

HuboRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

gpsdevera
Casual Listener

like for real? been using my account for 2 years and the solution is deleting the account and creating a new one?

poor solution

jiihoney

this is so f*cking ridiculous. 3 of the people under my subscription got kicked out too because your management "cannot confirm" that they have the same address as I do. we've tried all the accounts, same address, same everything but no. Your system and **bleep**ing **bleep**ty managment says that they can't join the premium subscription cause you couldn't confirm that we live in the same address.

I PUT IN THE ADDRESS I KNOW I PUT IN MY DETAILS WHEN I FIRST SUBSCRIBED FOR PREMIUM FOR FAMILY FOR THEM BUT STILL YOUR **bleep**TY **bleep**ING SYSTEM WON'T ACCEPT IT.

THIS IS NOT A SOLVED ISSUE. LET US **bleep**ING CHANGE ADDRESSES OR REVIEW ADDRESSES THAT WE PUT IN OUR ACCOUNT SO THAT WE WOULD KNOW IF THERE WAS A TYPO OR SOME **bleep** DURING THE PROCESS.

YOUR SUPPORT IS **bleep**, YOUR MANAGEMENT IS **bleep**, YOUR SYSTEM IS **bleep** BUT KUDOS TO YOUR **bleep**ING LIBRARY. I WISH IT WAS AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE WHO RUN SPOTIFY.

user-removed
Not applicable
When will you be able to change your home address?

djsabre
Casual Listener

Whatever happend, looks like spotify forgot my home address and my whole family (living the same address) gots kicked out, because the address is not the same...
I can't check it, because you can't see anything about your address or change it.

Worst solution ever... time for one of the competetors and quit spotify

yohjiweiweimoto
I use for few months and now I got kick out from Spotify for family package. Re-invite and it just couldn't work with the stupid address thing. Let's switch to iTunes and case close!

user-removed
Not applicable
When will you be able to change your home address?

cmedina

Why do you guys mark this as solved if it was not solved?, I even deleted my account and tried to create a new one and it didn't work, there is no field asking for my home addres, not even the credit card billing address because it didn't asked for it

leteliersky

This is so sad, looking the way that spotify deals with the issue related to change the address .

if you read all the post and the answers, is no wondering why they are loosing costumers.

HOW in the name of...

- first the issue can be resolved, they cannot denied BUT they dont do nothing to do it

Please modify the F@#$  Account settings page. THATS IT

- they play with costumers giving them false hopes.

- How they pretend make money if the answer is CLOSE your account and make an another one, in the process i might go to Apple MUSIC and thats it . no more problems.

mehmetcopur
Casual Listener

This is a f....ng joke. I'm cancelling my account.

Astame
Community Legend

Hi there @mehmetcopur

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with Spotify. 

Please tell me about your issue with Spotify and I will try to assist you. 

center419

Hello i have a same problem, I need to change or know my address. Because I registered Spotify family and people in My family can't use it. But previous month we are can use it and now I can use spotify family only one, Please help me if you have a way to solve my problem,Please contract me 

Thank you very much 

Zepol2105
I have being traveling and did not realize the account expire. Proceeded to pay (nowhere did it show me where to change the address again) And now is asking me to re-invite everybody that was on the plan... Ok, did it... And now its asking them to fill the address thing. I cant remember what exactly I typed the first time (it was some time back) and I'm stuck because even me, as the admin of the accounts, have no way to check what I wrote. So I join the many users saying: THIS ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED.

gpsdevera
Casual Listener

Same thing on me.

they cant accept the invitation that i sent due to adress issues

Andreakimiko
SPOTIFY IS A JOKE. I've gotten in contact with two or three "spotify support" people who take days to reply to an issue we have been having for weeks. I entered the address incorrectly because the format to input the address was strange and did not allow me to enter my address in properly so one family member keeps getting kicked or cause they cannot "confirm". The only solutions they provided was to cancel and resubscribe.. are you kidding me? I can't edit my address information on an account that I paid for and put my personal credit card info into? This is the first time I have encountered this issue ever. I pay for so many things online. Never have I been blocked from viewing or editing my billing or address information with cancelling my account. Then multiple times they asked me to "confirm" we reside at the same address but fail to mention how. If it takes spotify a month to give me failed solutions to a simple problem of correcting the format of my address, then why should I give them more personal information such as pictures of mail or whatever else they need to "confirm". And marking this question as "solved" is silly because it is not solved. Spotify still has not "solved" the simple issue of allowing the Spotify family account holder to edit or view the home address information which is the root of the issue here. The back and forth emails that provide low quality support, low quality solutions, and the fact that spotify won't allow you to access your personal information will drive consumers away.

lrimolo

Same issue here, still don't know how to fix it, 

They keep sending emails and I am not able to review what address I had when I joined (as a free user before), so it keeps sending emails to my brother and myseld asking stupid information and I cannot edit my address information.

markeby
Casual Listener

The service works very well.  The support is a joke.

grimreaper

I also had the same problem. Joined spotify family, clicked 'invite user' and thought it was asking for the invited user details so I put in my wifes details. But in fact it was asking me for MY details, and then you can't fix it without manually contacting support? Was the UX department on holiday when the family feature was added? Having the user enter profile information that goes into a database blackhole that you cannot edit or even view would be unacceptable for a startup company, let alone Spotify.

SUGGESTED POSTS