Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change my name on Premium for Family

Solved!

Change my name on Premium for Family

I thought I was inviting my sister to join the Premium for Family subscription I just purchased but the site was actually just asking for my name and address. How do I edit this?

50 Replies

Yes, it is very bad and it DOES read like they asking you for the information for the person you try to invite.

Same situation here! I don't understand why allowing a user to change this is so difficult. And why the prompts when setting up the family account can't be clear. I'm guessing nothing has changed in the past two weeks.

Same here, was going to invite my wife so I put in her name then realized it was asking for my information..sigh. As a web designer my self, this is ludicrous that they have no option for you to change it. poor user experience.

Again same here. I was going to invite my wife so I put in her name there. I really thought it was askin her name - not mine. I noticed my error when I was on her phone connecting her to our Spotify family. The prompts when setting up the family account are really not clear!

I've just had to go through this with Spotify online chat. They could not provide me with an answer whatsoever! I'd explained to them that I upgraded to a family plan from July 15 to May 17. From that point on it was Premium only. I had now, today, subscribed to Premium for Family again. I'd sent my son an invite and it came up in the name of my ex! I could not understand why her name was associated with my account. This thread my answer it but I cannot fathom why I would have entered her name on the Family plan... As I said, this was in 2015. However, this "data" - her name - should not be associated with my account, especially as the support team were unaware on how to find or correct the data.

They said they would email me back but I'm not holding my breath.

same here. they should fire the IT guy who designed this new family page

I also did this. Used my wife's name because I thought I was inviting her, not giving them info that they should already have. 

We need a resolution to this issue and that form needs to be redesigned. 

Same here. I'm glad it wasn't just me. This is TERRIBLE UX. I can kinda understand the need to resignup when moving house, actually who I am kidding, thats crazy too. But why cant we change the name of the family?

Something so critical but not modifiable should be clearly marked.  We all made the same mistake.  The user interface is incredibly misleading.  It said ‘Invite’. Which is what I did.  Low and behold all my family sees my kids name.  Ridiculous.  

Been a software developer for 30 years.  An account is almost always using a surrogate ID (usually a number) behind the scenes.  You should be able to change the ‘text’ freely.  Even if they encrypted the name and support cannot see it, they could provide a feature to ‘reset’ it with proper credentials or assistance to have support do it.  That’s why you have challenge questions.  A company this size has the ability to change it.    Someone messed up in the design. 

Spotify, as we have reported many users are troubled by the current UX design when signging up for a family account, this is an oppertunity to make the family account sign-up more user friendly. I suggest putting a pop up notification notifying that "you are creating a family account now, please make sure to set the family name correctly" as a corrective measurement for the fast typers among your user base.

I too signed up for the family plan thinking i was inviting members when i was giving the family account a name. 

Having same issue here.

Just recently subscribed to family plan,

I was confused on the experience on the first form.

It doesn't say anything if it was for me "as the main subscriber" for the family.

I wish spotify could really help me on this. pft. 😞

This has just happened to me now too...

Same issue as everyone else, does it actually matter other than the name being incorrect?

Pretty much. Just annoying to have permanently. Especially for a company that is valued at 30b$. They certainly have the capacity to fix this simple user interface glitch to avoid in the first place. Not a good 1st impression. They’re too busy paying license fees.

That is the best chat transcript layla_rosex... well funny and stupid at the same time

Okay same issue here. How incredibly stupid the way it was designed. Why isn't Spotify doing anything to get things better? I will delete my account and start again. This feels so wrong. Doesn't Spotify have any Quality Control? Please fix this!  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Same thing just happened to me! can we fix this?

Well...what can I say?...same issue just happened to me, it is amazing how many complaints about this ridiculous problem and Spotify’s done nothing for this long!!...this is completely absurd and annoying!...kinda regretting on getting this far with this company.

**bleep** I cannot believe how long this thread has been going on!! and clealry I have the very same problem -.- my ex's name instead of my name is in the system for my family subscribtion.. just from a security standpoint, I do not see how this is acceptable to Spotify... 

BTW where do you guys find this mysterious chat?! There is no way for me (US) to contact Spotify directly - again huge aggravation!

Same happened to me, Hope Spotify can find a solution soon...

Suggested posts