Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change my name on Premium for Family

Solved!

Change my name on Premium for Family

I thought I was inviting my sister to join the Premium for Family subscription I just purchased but the site was actually just asking for my name and address. How do I edit this?

50 Replies

This situation is so idiotic. Obivious programming error and no one know who is the responsable to rectify the code. 

It gets even worse because my account have the name of my EX wife, er, imagine inviting my father and he keep laughing for half hour... but I don't want to delete my account. I'm starting to hate this app.

I gave up. They have no control over the platform, half is luck the other half is controlled by the Facebook link. Their solution is: open a new account!!! 

I just did the same thing when adding my mother to a family account. This is clearly an on-going problem. I don't understand why they still haven't solved a viable solution without having to delete the account. I've spent years collecting albums and making playlists. I guess I'll just have to go by my mother's name on MY account. 

Add me to this list of frustrated users who entered his Daugter's name because of confusing UI. Also, why is this topic marked "solved".  It most certainly isn't solved.

Add me to the list as well. I thought I was adding my son but now my account has my son's name. C'mon Spotify, fix this!

Same here. THIS IS INFURIATING.

Hello, 

I have exactly the same problem. + one other issue. 

If Spotify is not going to change this and not going to allow people to change their names "due to security reasons", would be good, if they could at least explain, what those security reason are? I am working in information security related environment for 20 years already, but still can't imagine, which security requirement can prohibit changing the name, but allow re-creating the account. 

Anyway, I need my name to be changed to my real name! If there is no option - delete and re-create my account. 

Second, after I added my step-son into my family account, my wife found herself in some process of address verification (no email, no post, nothing has arrived so far) and after a week was just thrown away from my family! And what makes the situation even more stupid, if I invite her again, she can't register any more. (see attachment). 

P.S. 

Is there any way to reach the support privately?  

spotify1.jpg

This is not "Solved" as indicated in the OP. The process is broken, both on the front end and the backend. I was trying to add someone to my family, and was prompted for a name and address, so I used the invitee's name. It was stupidly easy to add a name to my account, why is it so difficult to remove and correct it?

I've run into the same problem. I'm not going to delete and recreate my account and lose all of my stored playlists in the process to fix an issue that Spotify has created. You click "invite" to invite a family member and the next screen is clearly asking for the info of the person you want to invite, then when you click save it actually stored that info as my personal info. This is a UX bug on Spotify's side, their error should not put a burden on the customer to delete and recreate an account. This is a simple database entry update for a name Spotify, you need to fix this. It cant be a security issue because you dont do validation of identity anyways so why would a new name matter? The number of ppl who have been confused by this UX makes it obvious that it's a problem that's confusing for the customer that needs resolution. 

Spent time on chat with Jela A. Same result as others who've tried. "Cancel your subscription and start again". That is the corporate answer from the worker bees on Chat Support. Kept inferring it was MY fault that I found myself in this situation, not inadequate or misleading setup/prompts from Spotify. I run a small business. If I dealt with my customers in this way I wouldnt have any left. I guess thats the world we deal in now - faceless robotic drones behind Corporate messages. Banks, airlines, insurance, telco's etc. This is not Customer Service as I know it. Will look for other options for music now. Any reco's, good experiences, from anyone here?

Suggested posts