Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change my name on Premium for Family

Solved!

Change my name on Premium for Family

I thought I was inviting my sister to join the Premium for Family subscription I just purchased but the site was actually just asking for my name and address. How do I edit this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just had this problem and was stuffed around for an hour on the online chat and was very disatisfied with the results. Apparently they won't change the first name of your account from the wrong name to the correct one which would be on your card, facebook account that's connected as well as your email for 'security reasons.' But what they will tell you they can do instead is delete your whole account and make a new one with the same email. How and why can they have the authority to do this but not change a name? I don't know but it needs to be changed, if some person had gotten into the wrong account somehow they'd be able to delete the account but not change something as simple as a first name.

View solution in original post

IMG_2534.PNG
50 Replies

Same here. Accidently used my wife's name. Can't figure out how to fix this.

So did I, I hope to get some kind of resolution.

Same here ! Thought I was adding my husband!

Yes, I also have this problem. I hope some one can answer how to change the name of the main Spotify Family member who invites the rest.

Update: Spotify chat support gave me the run around for an hour and then said they'd continue support for this issue via email. Over a month now and I still haven't heard from them. Giving up.

Tnx for letting me know.

Same here. Has anybody found a solution to this? Does it even matter? (besides being annoying)..

Same issue.  Jesus Spotify what year is it?  DO BETTER.

I also had this happen! My daughter was helping me create the account and accidently used her name instead of mine.

This also happened to me. The way the form is presented when you go to add someone makes it look like you're supposed to enter THEIR information, not yours.

Horrible user experience. And by the looks of it, Spotify doesn't care about us or this problem they've caused.

Same thing happened to me. I was inviting my sister and didn’t realise it was asking for my details. Any solution??

Marked as solution

I just had this problem and was stuffed around for an hour on the online chat and was very disatisfied with the results. Apparently they won't change the first name of your account from the wrong name to the correct one which would be on your card, facebook account that's connected as well as your email for 'security reasons.' But what they will tell you they can do instead is delete your whole account and make a new one with the same email. How and why can they have the authority to do this but not change a name? I don't know but it needs to be changed, if some person had gotten into the wrong account somehow they'd be able to delete the account but not change something as simple as a first name.

IMG_2534.PNG

There's no way I'm going to delete my account and start over.

Instead, I just added my wife to my YouTube Red account, so she has access to Google Play Music...easy and no problems.

I'm keeping my own Spotify account, but I guess they don't mind losing 5 bucks a month to Google, otherwise they'd fix this very simple programming problem. (Don't even try to tell me this isn't a simple fix.)

They are definitely just way too lazy to do something useful and fix simple problems. Getting your whole account deleted and having to make a completely new one is a bit extreme and beyond a joke. And true, they mustn't really care about customers if they can't take simple requests and fix something as simple as the wrong name when we're first misguided by them by clicking "add member" and having the first one default to the name of the account. Having to spend an hour in a chat with them and coming out with a problem such as this unresolved really says something about their quality or service. 👎

I have exact same issue.

Right after I setup family account, I try to invite my wife and didn't know it was actually asking for my infomation.

Now my account have my wife name on it.

Their process is really confusing. and now I can't change my name.

Just adding my voice to the complaints.  For such a premium service it seems crazy that there is no ability to correct this mistake (and in fact no verification step for this process to begin with which would have prevented the problem).  It may seem like a minor customer service issue - but in this day and age, companies live or die by customer service experience!

The same thing happened to me, and this is beyond ridiculous that they won't change it. My boyfriend can't even add his account because of it. I'm so frustrated with this.

Spotify does a terrible job specifying the purpose of that page. How can so many people have the exact same problem? Spotify needs to figure out a way to remedy this issue because it's annoying as **bleep**.

I have the same problem! My question is, that this means that all your playlist that I have created will be gone if they help med use the same email to created a new account? I mean. Some list have taken a long time to out together. 

I also wonder... where do I find this chat function?

Suggested posts