Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change my username, I deleted my facebook account and now it's only numbers.

Change my username, I deleted my facebook account and now it's only numbers.

See topic title. A few months ago I deleted facebook as I didn't need it anymore, however my spotify username only consists of numbers right now. This is annoying because now people don't know it's me. Is there any way to fix this?

Thx! 

2 Replies

Hey @1139250048,

Welcome to the community!

It's currently not possible to change your Spotify username. However, you can get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form, and they can help you create a new account and move everything from one account to the other for you.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

yea i know, this is annoying as It happened to me too.

I don't think you can change your username. Spotify automatically generates a username for you when you sign up, whilst you had facebook connected your name was masking your username (which was those numbers).

What you can do is create a new account and signup with a username of your choice rather than with facebook. You can then try contacting spotify directly to move your playlists and songs over to the new account here https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Just to add to this, you dont need your username to sign in. And since you dont have facebook anymore, spotify is also automitically less 'social'

Mind you, if you had a student discount, you wont be able to transition it to the new account until 12 months have passed since you first applied it.

Suggested posts