Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change name (First and last name)

Solved!

Change name (First and last name)

I've changed my Facebook name (First and last name) to something else to get anonymous there. The problem right now is, that Spotify inherited the name directly from Facebook. (Even though my Spotify account wasn't connected with Facebook anymore). But I want to keep my real name in Spotify.

Is there an option to change the name to something else directly in Spotify without changing it on Facebook.

And is there a way to disconnect my Facebook completely after all? Right now it's definitely still somehow connected, otherwise it wouldn't have taken the name from there.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tfeistmantl, welcome to the community!

If your Spotify account was set up via Facebook, it will show whatever name you use on your Facebook profile by default. Sadly, this can't be changed since the two accounts are linked together.

However, you can find all the info on how to have an account away from Facebook here.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @tfeistmantl, welcome to the community!

If your Spotify account was set up via Facebook, it will show whatever name you use on your Facebook profile by default. Sadly, this can't be changed since the two accounts are linked together.

However, you can find all the info on how to have an account away from Facebook here.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts