Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change of account country

Change of account country

Hi there!

I am pretty upset with spotify, I am living in Ireland at the moment and a few months back I decided to subscribe to premium using my Portuguese credit card, spotify changed my account from Ireland to Portugal which I didnt like, I changed it back to Ireland after a while. Now the premium was over and my account was SWITCHED again back ot Portugal, I got the account bloked since I am in a different country from the one set on my account. 

Guess what? I wanted to change it back but  I simply couldnt, I have to subscribe to premium to change it back. I will cancel the subscription today, this is bulls***t, you cant limit the country change for people that pay, I will change to Rdio or something If I ever have a problem like this. I want ot change the country whenever I want, people travel and move to other places you know?

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You should be able to change your country from your account page.

What error is it giving or is it greyed out? Could you post a screenshot?

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Change the country on the account page? Oh lets see Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 09.39.32.png

Where is the country to edit again?

Hi,

That means your account is connected to facebook, funnily enough 😉

What do you have set in your facebook account and profile? Make sure that's set to the correct country.

Anthony

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Hi Anthony,

I see but it happens that I work in IT so, it does not make any sense for me to have to change my Facebook account country just that the Spotify account gets updated as well, they are 2 seperate platforms, I just use it for a quicker and simpler login, after that I should be able to change the spotify settings appart from my facebook account. 

@apinho wrote:

Hi Anthony,

I see but it happens that I work in IT so, it does not make any sense for me to have to change my Facebook account country just that the Spotify account gets updated as well, they are 2 seperate platforms, I just use it for a quicker and simpler login, after that I should be able to change the spotify settings appart from my facebook account. 

Yes, it is weird I know 😛

Unfortunately at the moment Facebook Spotify accounts can only be edited in terms of the country by changing your facebook settings.

A path you could take in order to change this, is to follow the steps here. This means you can create a new username based Spotify account, then get everything moved over from your facebook one. From there you can change your country and other settings within the Spotify platform.

Anthony

Suggested posts