Change of country - won't work!

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Change of country + Adding Payment Method - Not working

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi, 

I've been living in Norway for the past two months so I switched my account over to be able to listen to music there. Now that I am home in the US, I am unable to access anything. I have updated my country and even addeded payment details even though I have a free account but it is still not working. Any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

T

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi trceraflops - It looks as though you've closed the Facebook account that you used to create your Spotify account.

As the two are connected you'll need to reactive that FB in order to keep enjoying your Spotify. 

Highlighted

Hi Meredith, im having the same problem. I set up my Spotify account whislt on holiday in Spain and now it wont allow me to upgrade into a UK account.. Ive sent an email days ago to customer care Ref :  00227522 but no response ??

Can somone reset at your end ?

Help.. Steve

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi SteveSudeley - I can see a response is on the way. Keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

Casual Listener

I have this same problem, I read the thread so far but still have few questions & comments

- I have a free accout that I registered in Finland

- I moved to France about month ago and now Spotify says my current country does not match my profile

-----> I go to Spotify FAQ where it says " If you have moved we suggest you change the country in your profile, as long as you have moved to one of our other launch countries." (BTW, "launch countries" link is broken) 

-----> So then I go to my profile to change the country which it won't let me do since I don't have french payment method (= I don't yet have credit card given by french bank). 

And to complicate things more, on Your subscribtion -page it says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account"

So, my question is, can I use my current free account from France by changing my coutry like you FAQ suggest or can I not use it like you Your subscribtion -page suggest???

If former, how can I change the coutry withour french payment method? 

If latter, can I make another free account with my french data? 

Highlighted

Re: Change of country - won't work!

Regular
I'm having a very similar problem studying abroad in Austria. I should not have switched my country, because it won't switch back, and I can't access anything anyway. I'm also having trouble starting a premium account, which I would like to do. I could use some help getting my profile set back to the US.
Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

ramps - Users that need to change their country (without a credit card) will need to use our contact form

We can make this change for you after confirming some quick details. 

lizabethfrances - Do you have a US credit card? If so, you should be able to go to your subscription page and select 'Add a Payment Method'. This will change your country settings without charging your account. 

If you're having any trouble with that page please let us know. 

Highlighted

Regular

Okay,  I am unable to set a method of payment with either of my US cards.  I sent a contact form, hopefully I will have a response quickly.  Thanks.

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi lizabethfrances - We believe we might be having some trouble with the subscription page at the moment. What happens when you go to change your details?

Anyway you could provide us with a screenshot? 

Highlighted

Regular
I cannot change my country because I changed it to Austria without realizing the problems this would cause. Here are my various attempts and problems.

My Spotify is in offline mode (though I don't have premium currently):
file:///Users/Ellie/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202012-09-06%20at%205.07.12%20PM.png
Spotify will not accept a payment method:
file:///Users/Ellie/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202012-09-06%20at%205.07.34%20PM.png
and I cannot alter my country:
file:///Users/Ellie/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202012-09-06%20at%205.08.03%20PM.png
Hopefully you can access these screen shots. If not, let me know.

Ellie
SUGGESTED POSTS