Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change of country - won't work!

Solved!

Change of country - won't work!

So, I am from Norway and have been a free user, but when I moved to California for some time Spotify detected that and told me to change my country in the account settings. I did that, and I also subscribed to the premium version.

Now that I'm home in Norway I have been an unlimited customer for a while. It's moslty good - but it is very annoying not to have some songs available because spotify THINKS I live in the US. And there doesn't seem to be any way of changing location without paying.

Please fix my account!

48 Replies

We can't see those screenshots unfortunately Ellie - it looks like they're stored locally on your computer.

You can try uploading them to a site like imgur.com to share them easily with us.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

My Spotify is in offline mode (though I don't have premium currently):
http://imgur.com/Kt1Ts
Spotify will not accept a payment method:
http://imgur.com/Dnin1
and I cannot alter my country:
http://imgur.com/v9Lg9

I have also filled out a contact form. Hopefully something can be worked out soon.

I filled the contact form about 1,5 weeks ago but nobody has gotten back to me. I still can't use Spotify. 

MODERATOR: any idea how long this takes? 

lizabethfrances - I'm not sure why your payment details aren't being accepted. Have you filled in our contact form on this yet?

[Edit: Of course you have, I should read posts more carefully in future. I'll chase you up in the system]

rampe - it certainly wouldn't take that long to get a response from us. Do you have a case number I can get chased up?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thank you, Richard! I was able to switch my country back to the states from the subscription page, and from there I was able to add payment information. From an outsiders perspective, I felt like I was in a loop because my profile information would not let me change my country without a payment, and I couldn't make a payment because my credit card is from my home country. It was not until you pointed out the change country option on the subscription (not profile) page that I realized I could do it that way. I'd be surprised if I was the first confused by that.

I'm a music student, so Spotify is too good of a resource to pass up, so thanks for helping me access it abroad!

Ellie

I haven't gotten any case # or anything relating to this. 

I filled the form here: https://www.spotify.com/fi/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/ and explained the matter. Did it abt 1,5 wks ago. 

-rami

Glad to hear it's all sorted for you now Ellie.

Rami, I'll be in touch by email to help you.

Tnx. Now everything OK! 

Where do I go to put in the payment details without actually paying? I don't know where the link is.

Looking on my free account, it doesn't seem to be possible anymore without setting up a subscription.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It wont let me log onto my account to change my country. What do I do?

Hey. Im from New Zealand and on an exchange in France. I want to log back onto my account but it wont let me, it just says "it appears that you are trying to log onto Spotify from another country" what do I do?
Marked as solution

Hello rheabd, 

Follow the steps here - https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/

in order to adjust your country to a France one (or the place where you are staying). When you go back, change it back to New Zealand.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

Hi a have similar problem but with different countries. My account is registered as a US account (I don't now why) - tried to change by following the official instructions, but that doesnt work. It's problematic, because I can't use a prepaid card i got as a gift. BTW i live in Poland, wrote to support and to premium@spotify.com, don't have a twitter account and would prefer to stay it that way, can you help?

BR

MJ

It didn't work for me. The only country that is listed in the rop-down bar is USA. I am currently in Spain.

Hey @shannabanna,

Are you on a Premium subscription, or a Free subscription?

The following link is a step by step guide for both Premium and Free users. Does that help?

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

HI I have just moved to the US. I have changed my subsciption and input a U.S credit card, but it still wont let me change the country in my profile?

I have changed my payment to a French credit card and upgraded my premium account to a family account, but my family members are not able to join because Spotify seems to think we are in separate countries.  I have tried to change my country çon my profile, which is listed in one place as US and in another as France.  PLease help!!

I'm having the exact same problem, except I want to change to UK. Can anyone help?

Hi all, I am in Australia and have been pulling my hair out for days !!  For me the trick was to change countries when you go to enter payment and card options. There is a "Change Country" just beneath where you have to enter your card details, (light coloured lettering and difficult to see) click on that and you can change your country. You can then pay foraccount. This does not change your country in your profile drop down box, according to that I am still in the U.S. I have an Amazon Echo and it works great with Spotify.P.S. forget about Amazon Prime...

Suggested posts