Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change of country - won't work!

Solved!

Change of country - won't work!

So, I am from Norway and have been a free user, but when I moved to California for some time Spotify detected that and told me to change my country in the account settings. I did that, and I also subscribed to the premium version.

Now that I'm home in Norway I have been an unlimited customer for a while. It's moslty good - but it is very annoying not to have some songs available because spotify THINKS I live in the US. And there doesn't seem to be any way of changing location without paying.

Please fix my account!

48 Replies

Hey thanks for replying. Once the monthly payment actually went through
the country changed automatically so Yay!!

Hey thanks for replying. Once the monthly payment actually went through
the country changed automatically so Yay!!

I'm in Peru and had to change to free after losing my British debit card and can't get a new one until I return in a few months. Spotify will no longer allow me to use free as it says I cannot use abroad for more than 14 days, even though my account says Peru as my country, when I try to log in it says 'Your country does not match the one set in your profile.'. I've tried reinstalling, checked that my IP address is Peruvian, I'm not using an IP changing software and it still won't work. Help please!

Hello, the FAQ page isn't helping me. I am trying to update my billing details from the USA to Singapore. But when I go to enter my new billing info, it keeps saying my zip code is invalid and I need to change my country. But there is no option on the subscription update page to update the country. Instead there is a link to FAQ, which just redriects me to go back to the subscription section on my account and to update my billing details. Feeling quite frusterated at the moment, any advice?

Hey all, 

I’m in Canada for a month and today I switched my Spotify account country to Canada - the problem is now I can’t pay for Premium using my New Zealand credit card. It says ‘Credit card is not from a Spotify launch country’ when I try. I’ve used premium in New Zealand before without any problems, so I’m not sure how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated. 

i changed my country but it still wont allow me to log in into my account.. 

I live between 2 countries and spotify wont let me use my account while I am in another country for more than 2 weeks or so. How can I update my country? Do I need to do it everytime I travel? I am pazing premium and cant access while I am gone....that's frustrating. 

It does not work

Hey @aletss04,

Would you mind creating a new thread in the Community and include some info regarding your issue so that we can look into it and help you?

If you're not sure how to do it, take a look here and follow the listed steps.

Once you do it, just reply to this post and include the URL to the new thread and we'll be on it 🙂

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll look out for  your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts