Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I'm receiving several (8 until now but they're still coming) emails saying that I''m trying to changhe my password, and it's not me who is trying to do it.

Someone is trying to hack my account? 

What do you suggest me to do?

2 Replies

@antoniolagioia

It is possible. However, before we can make any assumptions that that is actually the case, examine the email closely! Go in to the actual email's properties and verify that the email actually came from Spotify's server! As a matter of safety, please DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS from any email suggesting you need to change your password! If you feel that someone you know maybe trying to gain access, I'd change it to something impossible that anyone could figure out.

Hey @antoniolagioia,

Welcome to the Community!

On top of what @VintageNewscast mentions, it's possible a user mistyped their email address when trying to reset the password for their own account. 

If you think the emails you've received are suspicious indeed, please make sure to follow the steps here.

In any case, if you're worried about the security of your account, I'd suggest reading this helpful support article here to make sure your Spotify account is protected.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts