Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change password

Solved!

Change password

I can't change password

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there - You should be able to change our account password via this link: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Just enter your 'broder_2' username and we'll send you a direct email. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there - You should be able to change our account password via this link: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Just enter your 'broder_2' username and we'll send you a direct email. 

This link no longer works it just takes you to a generic page about Spotify 

@evesnape wrote:

This link no longer works it just takes you to a generic page about Spotify 

It only works providing you are not logged into the Spotify website 😉 

If you are logged in and want to change your password head to your online profile.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

simply trying to reset a FORGOTTEN password.. as i believe prior user in the thread.. tried from "outside" and "inside" the site; still appears to be no way to accomplish, for those who've forgotten original password.  one utility says, "we'll send link to email".. but no email after 30 mins... kinda curious why it's such a struggle.. ?

@capinTN wrote:

simply trying to reset a FORGOTTEN password.. as i believe prior user in the thread.. tried from "outside" and "inside" the site; still appears to be no way to accomplish, for those who've forgotten original password.  one utility says, "we'll send link to email".. but no email after 30 mins... kinda curious why it's such a struggle.. ?

The system does seem to be a bit tempermental at times, possibly an issue to do with duplicate accounts but I don't know!

If you get in touch with the Spotify team using this form someone will be able to get that reset manually for you. 

Peter

Peter

got the password reset email.. worked fine.. thx much Peter.. prompt response.. and appreciate the candor, re: "tempremental".. c ya.

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. Can you send me a password reset email?

Thanks much! 

So send a contact form already 🙂

hello! someone has found out my password so my music keeps on stopping all the time. i have tried to go to my profile to change password, but there is no way i can change it there. i cant find anything about a password there. what can i do?

@kristinejakobs1 - Do you login using Facebook? 

If so, you need to change your password over on the Facebook.com

Peter

Peter

I've forgotten my password. When I click to set one up it sends me to a page that asks for my password.

Frustrating sort of "can't get there from here" design.

Makes sense in a way - otherwise anyone could change your password 🙂

You need to log out of spotify and when you get back to the login box, click on the "Forgot your password" link. If you use a facebook login, you need to go to facebook.com to reset your facebook password.

Suggested posts