Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change the country for suggestions (not payment)

Change the country for suggestions (not payment)

Hi all, 

I'm a Brazilian living in Spain. I have a Spotify Premiun. In my account, the country is ES. That is fine, because I live here and the payment should be done here.

But I'd like to have the playlists suggestions from my previous country. The charts and others features uses my payment country. How can I change it?

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Unfortunately that's not possible.

However you can check out charts and viral songs on all countries where Spotify is available.

In mobile you find them in Search in Charts. In desktop go to Browse > Charts.

Hope it helps 🙂

I agree with the original poster. I don't think we should associate country of payment with cultural and musical affinities. Please give people the option to chose! When you're an emigrant and feeling homesick, those 'suggestions' on the Spotify home tab aren't that helpful for your mental state. Just a little option somewhere in settings, like for Twitter, where you can select the country would be so nice.

Hey @Costello8,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts and will make sure that your feedback reaches the right teams. In the meantime, users that would also like this feature went ahead and posted an idea about it on our Exchange.  You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven’t already. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts