Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change the owner name for Family Plan

Solved!

Change the owner name for Family Plan

I accidentally added my husband's name instead of mine for the owner of the Family Plan account. Is there an easy way to change it, or do I need to delete my account and subscribe again? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @akthoma,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account and subscribe to Premium for Family on that account. Don’t forget to cancel the plan on your old account 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @akthoma,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account and subscribe to Premium for Family on that account. Don’t forget to cancel the plan on your old account 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hey Maxim, 

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to change the address, I just need to change the owner name. Is that possible without having to cancel and then resubscribe? 

Oops, sorry, you said if you enter any details wrong, not just the address. Thanks for your help!

Yeah, the name is part of the address.

Please note that you'll have to create a new account, and not just re-subscribe. When you re-subscribe, it wouldn't ask you for a new address.

MaximSpotify Star

Hi Spotify Team,

I ended up doing something similar.  I upgraded to a family plan, clicked to invite my daughter and when it asked for name and address details, I didn't realize that it was asking for my own.  I realize this is my fault for not reading the page more carefully, but it would be helpful if you prompted family plan owners to enter their name and address information as soon as they signed up for the plan instead of after pressing the button to invite a family member.

Hi Maxim,

When you say that "you'll have to create a new account," does that mean an entirely new username - which would also mean losing all of my favorites information and playlists that I've built over the years?

Thanks

Hey @TonyV125,

Yup, that is correct, but you could reach out to Support so they can transfer the playlists over to the new account.

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks, @Maxim.

I have the same issue - and I think it´s more an issue of the frontend which could it make more explicit that the owner´s details are needed.

Suggested posts