Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change username?

Solved!

Change username?

When I created my Spotify account I used a swedish letter (å)
in my username and now there´s a problem when I´m modifying

my account because the form wants me to use letters from a-z

only,,,, Can I change my old username somehow so I can keep

all my playlists....?

Mia

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There isn't a way to change your username I'm afraid. You may to have create a new account (though in that case your username would be your Facebook email address)
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Really interesting

Marked as solution

@CrisFigCar - No es posible. (Sorry for my google translate spanish!)

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

You can't change you username yet. I'm sorry 😞

But I would suggest you start a new account with the username of your choice. 

Marked as solution

Hello, this has not been changed, but you can cancel your premium and make a new account and then follow your old accounts playlists, make sense? You can add music to other people's playlists so you could copy yours.
I hope this helped

67 Replies
Marked as solution

There isn't a way to change your username I'm afraid. You may to have create a new account (though in that case your username would be your Facebook email address)
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi,

I would like to change my username as well, and my subscription to Spotify lapsed a while ago when I got a new credit card and didn't change the numbers... I had intended to start a new account with a new username, but I don't have a Facebook account, and do not want one, not even a fake one. Does one have to open a Facebook account to have an account with Spotify now? It wasn't the case when I first subscribed. This obligation doesn't seem right to me. Have other people felt the same?

Thank you for any help...

Is there still no way to change your username and profile picture?

My Username is a bunch of numbers. 

I have no profile picture.

There are very few "people" under "everyone". 

The friends that are shows only have numbers and no profile pictures.

I have Spotify on 2 laptops (one with proxy, one without), 1 iPhone and 1 iPad. It is the same for all devices. 

Please advise. 

Have had no reply on here and no reply to my support ticket... not happy (I'm paying £9.99 a month and they can't reply to my ticket?!)

MJ10 - I've just got back to you, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Can I also ask that you don't promote or advertise in this Community. This is mentioned in the Community guidelines.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks for the email, have replied (no changes!)

UPDATE: Spotify seemed to have vanished from my laptop so have had to redownload it... 

My name and profile image have updated on one laptop 🙂

However, I just completly closed the Spoitfy App on my iPad, reopened it and it has come up with the message "Offline Playlists - You have offline playlists on more than three devices. To use offline playlists on this device please quit and restart Spotify."

^ Is this normal? I had offline playlists fine before, will it effect anything?

EDIT: Having to resync everything on the iPad (and probably the iPhone when I check it)... very annoying. 

I want to change my user name. How can I do that?

@user-removed wrote:

I want to change my user name. How can I do that?

As far as I am aware it is not currently possible to change your Spotify username. 

Peter

Peter

You don't need a Facebook account to sign up anymore so you can make a new account with a new custom username. Don't sign up with Facebook, that makes your username some random numbers.

Jason, 

Unfortunately. I am having the same issue

Hi Sam,
for obvious reasons I'd like to change my username. It doesn't sit well with me knowing that people might misunderstand.

is it still impossible to change the name?

It is still impossible, yes. To change your username, you'd need to create a new account.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@Richard wrote:

Hi Spotify

Just opened an account to download S Premium. I realised my Username is a 10 digit number and can´t be changed. How on earth can someone offer a web based service with  login name like that. This can´t be true. Is this representative for the rest of this product then i´m worried. Also i can´t get rid of the Facebook login. I am thinking of replacing iTunes with Spotify.  But if log in is thid complicated i´m not sure..........

Can anyone advice me on a simple way to fix this.

Thanks

Hi,

I beleive if you have an email associated with your account, you can log in with that; or if you have a facebook account associated with your account, you can just login using facebook automatically. There should be no need to login using the number.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Except for those of us who don't use Facebook anymore. I deleted my Facebook and cannot log in unless I use my ridiculous 10 digit code. Give me a break.

You shouldn't be able to log in using that either because Facebook accounts can't be disconnected. You have to make a new account without going through Facebook to get a username to log in without FB.

I would also like to change my username, simply because i made it a few years back, and it is very immature...and i would like to make it something different, but i don't want to have to remake all of my playlists and stuff. how can i do this??

@Rdonofrio wrote:

I would also like to change my username, simply because i made it a few years back, and it is very immature...and i would like to make it something different, but i don't want to have to remake all of my playlists and stuff. how can i do this??

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There is no way to change your Spotify username, due to the way playlists are mapped to accounts on the Spotify network. 

If you want to move to a new account, just make a new one using your email address on the signup page and then either use steps 3 and 4 in this tutorial to move the playlists to your new account, or get in touch with customer services using the online contact form and they will be able to do it for you. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts