Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change username?

Solved!

Change username?

When I created my Spotify account I used a swedish letter (å)
in my username and now there´s a problem when I´m modifying

my account because the form wants me to use letters from a-z

only,,,, Can I change my old username somehow so I can keep

all my playlists....?

Mia

67 Replies

Brilliant, Thanks Peter! I used my surname then re- married years later and everytime I shared a playlist using an embed code, My ex married name posted.... Very aggravating! Hopefully now resolved..... Time consuming but not difficult 🙂

There should be a way to change username at least once a year or  that every account gets one username change during a lifetime.

At times there might be a need to change username due to hacking, online bullyness and so on and so forth.

(Many people uses the same username at different zites which makes it easy for hackers and/or bully people to find that person on other sites too)

Unfortunately I did query this a year ago in relation to disconnecting accounts made via Facebook from the social network, it turns out its not possible due to the way playlists are mapped to usernames (and not just your playlists, but playlists you follow) in the internal systems of Spotify. 

I don't know how the system works, but you can read more here. Interestingly lastfm has the same restriction on usernames.

Peter

Edit: Adding more details.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I tried loging in with my facebook e-mail and it says the @ character is not supported in the username??? Please fix this.

Hi @saabguy What device is this happening on? Could you post a screenshot?

NEED HELP FROM AN ADMIN

I have tried to look for a contact number to call but with no results. I have recently upgraded my phone contract with Vodafone and have spotify premium included for free. when creating this account I was extremely stupid and accidently created it with an e-mail address that doesnt actually exsist (used @gmail.co.uk instead of @gmail.com) in addition to this i also tried to use my username as an e-mail (didnt think this was an issue) and as i had forgotten i originally used that e-mail years ago, i am now completely stuck with no way to log in.

I need to change my user name / e-mail address of this account (not this one i created just to post the message) PLEASE could an admin private message me or give a phone number to call.

thanks, 

@cbond284 - I have replied to your other post. 

Peter

Can you please change my username from rjwiles3257 to rjwiles3527?

please contact me about this?

<snip>@gmail.com

[Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Just going to hide that email address @rjwiles3257 .

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change usernames on Spotify. You will need to create a new account then get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to move all of your playlists over for you. Unfortunately its not possible to transfer followers.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I have read through a lot of the messages on this board, and have come to the conclusion I must create a new account or connect to a facebook account in order to change my username, which is currently a bunch of numbers that was apparently randomly assigned to me when I used my former facebook account. I no longer have that facebook account, and would like to change my Spotify account username. 

Since it has been determined I must create a new account, I would like to know how I can do that, and still use my current email account as my login. I do not wish to create an entire email address simply for the purpose of creating a Spotify account; I would like to continue with the email I have. The problem is, my current email address is attached to Spotify via my old facebook account, which is now closed. 

What it boils down to is...   Since I am not allowed to change from the ridiculous numbers Spotify assigned as my username, without creating a new email address, and without reactivating my old facebook account, is it possible to create a new Spotify account? Or is it absolute that I need a whole new email address to create one?

Hey @meego68 ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand getting you set up on a new account with a username of your choice. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hola!

¿Como puedo cambiar mi nombre de usuario en Spotify?

Gracias

Marked as solution

Really interesting
Marked as solution

@CrisFigCar - No es posible. (Sorry for my google translate spanish!)

Peter

Is there still no way to change your username and profile picture?

My Username is a bunch of numbers. 

I have no profile picture.

Some help here please.

Pedro Oliveira

Bunch of numbers means you signed up with your facebook credentials. Log in with facebook and you should see your facebook name and profile picture. Is that what you've been doing?

If I long in with my facebook credetials (<snipped>@gmail.com) comes up as a new user. (free user, with a empty profie)

And then pop´s up a new windows with two options

a) i´am new to spotify

b) 1182217823? Login

I try to login with the option b) and then says:

An error occured 

Sorry, but we couldn´t connect your Spotify account with facebook, Please try again.

(and I tried few times already.. and nothing)

If I login with 1182217823 credentials I have my normal porfile premium  (with playlists and followers etc etc)

Thanks for your help.

Pedro

Something strange has happened. Get in touch here and explain that you can't connect your facebook to this account. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Thanks for your help, but everything the same.

They sent me a automatic reply (happened before and they never got back to me):

""

We just wanted to let you know that we're looking into your query and we will get back to you as soon as possible. To ensure that our reply reaches your inbox, add support@spotify.com to your spam filter's whitelist.

If you need immediate help, please check out The Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

You can also check out our Help pages http://support.spotify.com. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify’s features.

For any major service issues we’ll keep you in the loop via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

"""

Did you reply to that email, as I said to do above?

Suggested posts