Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changed FB password, kicked out of iOS app; cannot update password; duplicate account created.

Changed FB password, kicked out of iOS app; cannot update password; duplicate account created.

I changed my Facebook password, and was subsequently kicked out of my Spotify log-in on my iPhone. I re-logged into Facebook on my phone, and tried to log into Spotify using Facebook. It looks like it's created a brand new account with no playlists, etc.

I tried to update my password on the Spotify website, but I can't do that because it says that my email address is already registered with another account. I've also tried updating my Mobile Phone type in the Profile section of the Spotify website, but I can't make any changes because for some reason, it doesn't recognize that the email address listed, is my own personal email address, the same one that's listed on my Account Overview. I have premium spotify and am currently unable to use the premium features on my phone.

4 Replies

Can you log in with the facebook app on your iphone using the new password? If so, try reinstalling spotify and logging in again with facebook. If that doesn't work, please shout.

Heck, if it does work, shout too 🙂

I've re-logged into Facebook in my iPhone settings and deleted and reinstalled Spotify and still cannot remedy this. 

In that case, please get in touch hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Have done. Thanks.

Suggested posts