Premium Family

Country

US and Canada

Device

Samsung S8, Desktop

Operating System

Andriod, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Wife and I are trying to get set up on my Family Premium account. I am from the US originally and moved to Canada when we got married (she is Canadian). 

My account is set up on in the US and hers (free) is set in Canada. She can not change country to the US due to IP address. I can not change my country to Canada for some reason. My IP is Canada. I do not VPN. Everywhere I read says to change payment information to my Canadian payment method and that will fix it. However, my country still shows the US. When I invite her to join my family account and it asks her to verify the same address I have (which I made Canada) it tells her we live in different country regions so she can not join. I can not edit my country to Canada and the card fix did not change it. A new billing cycle has not turned around yet so maybe that is the issue? I also read somewhere that you have to cancel your premium, wait for the billing cycle to end on the free portion, change country, re-subscribe to premium. That seems like a huge run around for something that should be an easy drop down menu fix. Again, my IP address and everything else would show Canada but yet, I have a US account. 

Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Darth_Bane,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

You mention that you updated your payment method with a card issued in your new country.

In that case, no worries, the changes should take effect from your next billing date.

Once your account has been updated to reflect the change, you should be able to invite your wife's account to join your Premium Family plan.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @Darth_Bane

thanks for reaching out about this !

For a Family Plan owner to be able to invite family members to the plan, all invitees should reside to the same country and address.

As you have set your account in the US, you'd have to cancel your Premium subscription, wait for it to revert back to free and re-set your country and payment method to match the country you currently live at - Canada.

After you finish with this short process you would be easily able to set up the Family Plan following the steps provided on this help page.

Hope this helps 🙂

Man, 

That seems like a huge run around just to change countries. I did update my payment method and was going to see if the change too place on next bill but idk that it will update my country. 

Have you experienced this problem first hand?

Marked as solution

Hey there @Darth_Bane,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

You mention that you updated your payment method with a card issued in your new country.

In that case, no worries, the changes should take effect from your next billing date.

Once your account has been updated to reflect the change, you should be able to invite your wife's account to join your Premium Family plan.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

While this likely works! Simply switching card payment to current country of residence works just fine and switches the country.

Suggested posts