Changing Country, but keeping Subscription

Changing Country, but keeping Subscription

Plan

Premium

Country

UK -> Austria

My Question or Issue

Hello, 

I created my Spotify account in the UK, and am subscribed to Spotify Premium Students + Headspace for £4,99 a month at the moment. 

Because I no longer live in the UK, I want to change the country associated with my profile to Austria. To do that, I have to change my payment method to one with an austrian bank address. 

If I do that, Spotify changes my subscription to Spotify Premium for €9,99 a month. I would like to avoid that, and instead keep the current subscription that I have, while just changing the payment method/country.

Is it possible to keep the subscription I currently have, while changing my payment method (country)? What can I do?

Thanks for your help!

2 Replies

Hey @lolawitudie, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

When you change your country and payment method associated, you'll have to pay the regular price of Premium in the country you moved to - which usually takes effect on the next billing date.

So, in your case - when you move from the UK to Austria, you'll still be on the same subscription but the prices will be different because you're in a different country.

There is some more info on changing country settings here.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @lolawitudie,

Just to follow-up on what @Billy-J said:

Since the Spotify Premium Students + Headspace bundle is currently only available in the UK, changing your country to Austria on your account will mean that you will lose your Headspace bundle.

To find out more about changing country, make sure to check out this support article.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions about this.

Suggested posts