Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Country from US to CAN bug

Changing Country from US to CAN bug

When I try to change my country of residence from US to Canada, the process never succeeds.

I suspect it has to do with the fact that it is automatically selecting Euros (which is not the right currency for Canada):

Change payment details

9.99 EUR + tax per month. An update to your current subscription will be reflected on your next billing date.

The error that I get: Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method.

I can confirm that my credit card is fine, and suspect this has to do that there is a bug in a first place (Euros...??)

Thanks in advance

Steeve

3 Replies

Hello @SteeveH , welcome to the Spotify Community!

Just to confirm, have you updated your payment details to a payment method with a billing address on Canada?

Yes, I followed Spotify's guide (via changing payment details) to change
the country, followed by credit card details!

Thanks a lot!
Steeve

Ok, then if you can't change the country you should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Suggested posts