Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Country

Solved!

Changing Country

Hi,
I currently live in germany and that is my billing address for premium.
However, i'm from the UK. 

I understand that for legal and copyright reasons I won't have access to some songs that are only available in the UK. Thats fine - I dont think this will be too many. 

However, is there a way to get a UK "feel" to the spotify? So compilations, charts, and whatever else are UK based? I can change the language, but still get all german content suggestions.
Whenever I listen to random lists etc. I keep getting random german songs, and feel like I am missing out on a lot of british ones. 

Again, I understand that I won't be getting any specific british licences until I find a local payment method. Thanks for the help! 

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany but want UK

Device

Oneplus 7 Pro

Operating System

iOS 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @CrD234,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

The "Home page" content of a user's account is created and curated to fit the country the account was set at.

Unfortunately, as long as you keep having a German based account you'll keep getting these recommendations.

However, as Spotify works on an algorithm that imitates the user's taste, i would say that the more you keep listening to your own music the app will start recommending content to fit your taste.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @CrD234,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

The "Home page" content of a user's account is created and curated to fit the country the account was set at.

Unfortunately, as long as you keep having a German based account you'll keep getting these recommendations.

However, as Spotify works on an algorithm that imitates the user's taste, i would say that the more you keep listening to your own music the app will start recommending content to fit your taste.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

its been 6 months - I sometimes have it hooked up to a loudspeaker system and dont bother to get up and switch songs, so I guess the algorythm thinks "oh he likes it he listens fully"

anyway, thanks for clarifying!

Hey @CrD234,

Just wanted to jump in with some additional info to what @OneByBoo already posted:

If you're looking for the UK feeling you should check out the Top 50 by Country or Viral 50 by Country playlists where you'll be able to find one for the United Kingdom as well 🙂

On your phone you can find them by tapping on Search then choosing Charts and scrolling all the way down.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if you need help with anything else.

Happy listening!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts