Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Display Name

Solved!

Changing Display Name

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop App

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I've now deleted my Facebook account, and now my display on spotify is displaying as a bunch of numbers instead of my Facebook name.

I've never had the chance to choose my display name... is there a way to change it? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @11123886016! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile again so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account!

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @11123886016! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile again so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account!

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Hey, so my friend having problem, he see random letter in his username (i know that this is normal), but he also see random letter in his profile name and i see my created name so why this hapening?

This is not a solution. I know for fact that the ability to change your display name has been requested for YEARS. 

if the cause of this issue not getting fixed is similar to your 10,000 song cap issue (because whoever designed your backend code did not think about expansion) then yall have some SERIOUS re-engineering to do. 

Do you call this a "Solution"?
@Daniel Ek, @Barry McCarthy please recycle your business administration skills and see how important it is to listen to customer. I will be the end of you!!

Suggested posts