Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Student Subscription and Family Subsciption

Changing Student Subscription and Family Subsciption

When I started spotify premium I did it as a student at a university I was taking a class at during the summer while I was home. I knew the subscription would last a year, but I could renew my student status. My student status was going to run out at the end of this month or next month on spotify. I couldn't find a place to renew the studeent subscription. So I canceled the subscription to renew it with my ID at my home university. But now spotify won't let me renew as a student at all.

I was also trying to save money on my younger brothers subscription which is on my credit card. This month because I'm home I needed a gym membership so my subscriptions are upwards of $60 and I was trying to cut that down a bit if possible. I don't know if I can set him up under family if I'm a student, but that was the goal.

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, Spotify Student Discounts and family subscriptions don't combine. You can check out the Family FAQ here.

You can subscribe with the Student Discount here. But if you do, you won't be able to set it up with a family plan.

An FAQ for Spotify Student is available depending on your region:

United States

United Kingdom

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

It won't give me the option to sign up as a student again I get the message saying I'm not elgible.

HQ.png

Just to see if it's not something temporarily, or something with your browser.. Could you please try the following?

• Try to subscribe for Student via the private/incognito mode of your browser.
  • Try clearing your browser's cache.
  • Try another browser, or even another device.

Please let me know if it didn't help you. Also, could you please confirm you live in the US or in UK? Your payment card needs to be from the same country you're living in.

Suggested posts