Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Username Option.

Solved!

Changing Username Option.

Hello, My name is Daniel and I've been using Spotify for I can say years and I would like to ask why... why isn't there an option to change the Username?

Changing your username SHOULD BE a thing! It isn't like changing moods but sometimes I regret calling myself a name I can't really identify with anymore.

2 Reasons why changing your Spotify Username should be a thing:

1: Changing your username saves time and money for everyone, I don't have to create a new playlist on another account and waste my time doing finding new/old songs and I don't have to cancel my Spotify Subscription making the whole process a lot easier to deal with

2: I love this account, I have a history with this account. What's the point of making a new one just for a username change? Totally pointless and just outrageous. I'm paying for something that I can't do and no one is willing to do something about it.

And that should make sense.

to make sure the system is not abused inappropriate way make it a monthly or yearly thing.

AT LEAST THAT WAY PEOPLE WON'T ABUSE THE SYSTEM!

It has been at least Two Years since the last time someone asked about it, And somebody said something would be done about it. 

ALL I am saying is, Why would it take Two years to give an option to a paying customer the ability to change their own Nickname/Username whenever they feel like it?

Please Update this and fix this solution! !t isn't too much to ask for and I'm pretty sure it would make a lot of customers like myself quite happy and excited when they have the ability to change their names once in a while.

I can relate to this, it makes me sad.I can relate to this, it makes me sad.Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 6.02.26 AM.png

(I posted this here because this doesn't solve anything besides providing a link to vote.)

I mean just look at the votes.I mean just look at the votes.

(On the side note, Look at the date on when this message was put up and put on hold.)

This isn't an unpopular opinion, but if anyone that has the "up there" spot would read this. I would like to say Thank you for investing your time into reading this and/or solving this.

Again,

Thank you.

- Daniel Wilkins

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @PsychePebble 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your question, I know that it can be frustrating and agree with you, but momentaneously, Spotify doesn't have in mind allow users to change them own usernames as you see in the "idea". But, the idea that you presented is old, and I suggest that you create a new one asking for the possibility to change usernames. Unfortunately here in Community, I just can help you if you need any doubts about something or have any issues that you can fix on your own. So, create the new idea, share it with your friends and perhaps Spotify brings that to reality. After all, thanks for your message and I hope that you can get what you want. 

Let me know if you have any other doubts or need more information about something.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo) 

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @PsychePebble 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your question, I know that it can be frustrating and agree with you, but momentaneously, Spotify doesn't have in mind allow users to change them own usernames as you see in the "idea". But, the idea that you presented is old, and I suggest that you create a new one asking for the possibility to change usernames. Unfortunately here in Community, I just can help you if you need any doubts about something or have any issues that you can fix on your own. So, create the new idea, share it with your friends and perhaps Spotify brings that to reality. After all, thanks for your message and I hope that you can get what you want. 

Let me know if you have any other doubts or need more information about something.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo) 

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts