Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing contract details after turning 18

Changing contract details after turning 18

Hi,
So I got Spotify Premium when I was still a minor, so I had to give my mother's details. Now I'm 18, almost 19 and I'd like to change that so the contract won't be with my mother anymore, but with me.
I cannot find a way to do that without having to go back to the free version and then upgrading to Premium again though.
Is there any way to do something about this?

Thanks in advance,
Julia
1 Reply

Hi @Julieeh. Near as I can tell, you are correct in that you will first need to cancel your current subscription and then re-subscribe on your own, but don't worry. Upon canceling your subscription you wont lose anything so long as you still have some time left on your premium period, and even if that runs out you will only loose access to your offline tracks and ad-free listening until you re-subscribe. To cancel you'll want to do so from your subscriptions page, and make sure you receive a confirmation email stating a successful cancellation. Once you get that email, just  go back to your subscriptions page and re-enroll for a premium subscription and once you're done you'll be all set. Please let me know if anything comes up along the way or if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Suggested posts